stress testing

i ask again - if you say push factor instead of factor push, do you think its ok?

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i ask again - if you say push factor instead of > factor push, do you think its ok? how would anyone here know? you need to ask someone who has graded.

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i ask again - if you say push factor instead of > factor push, do you think its ok? yes, i think they will count. Will probably give some credit for worst case too, although i am not sure

I can’t even remember what I put… I remember thinking “factor push, isn’t that really just a type of stress testing,” Then I thought “Monte Carlo, but don’t they use that in VAR anyway.” Oh, that’s right, I had something like “worst case optimization.”

I put factor push and said it yields worst case scenario (I was clearly writing too much).

Monte Carlo - that is a way of determining VAR. It can be used in scenario testing. I don’t think MC will qualify as an answer. MO.

Wasn’t the q asking for an alternative to stylized scnerios? Hence stressing models is what they are after?

I used the “Maximum Loss Optimization”… hope that one counts.

i said using historical data … no time to think at that time, almost forgot this question

So if someone says Carlo Monte instead of Monte Carlo, would it count?

Push factor Carlo monte averse risk risk at value swap default credit rate free risk litterman-black

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So if someone says Carlo Monte instead of Monte > Carlo, would it count? Yeah, but instead of 10 they will give you 01.

CFAAtlanta Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > needhelp Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > So if someone says Carlo Monte instead of Monte > > Carlo, would it count? > > > Yeah, but instead of 10 they will give you 01. LOL

I like rate free risk. Sign me up for that option!

>So if someone says Carlo Monte instead of Monte Carlo, would it count? No, since it is wrong. The textbook lists factor push under stress testing.

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So if someone says Carlo Monte instead of Monte > Carlo, would it count? lol, I’m sure that answer is going to bring a lot of lol to the graders

what about Maximum Loss Optimization?

I put down “actual extreme event”. There’re six available answers, stylized scenarios , actual extreme events, hypothetical events, factor push, max loss optimization and worst case scenario. Am I right?