stress testing

would monte carlo simulation be an acceptable type of stress testing?

this is in regards to the morning session

i hope so!

i think i said semivariance

how would semivariance be a type of stress testing?

factor push

I went with Monte Carlo

i put worst case scenario…

prockets Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > factor push ditto

is semi-v a way of looking at asym returns? i thought not cause shouldt it be d-side deviation?

drs Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > how would semivariance be a type of stress > testing? i didn’t say i was right :slight_smile:

VROD Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > prockets Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > factor push > > > ditto ditto as well :slight_smile:

ponponpq Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i put worst case scenario… ditto

I also said worst case

is worst case the same as factor push?

if you say push factor instead of factor push, do you think its ok?

“factor push” is correct term technically speaking, but if I would be grading it, I would consider “worst case” as correct answer though or at least as a candidate fro partial credit

Factor push - not sure if they’d accept MC, because that’s a way to measure VaR prior to performing the stress test. You can probably perform the stress test in the MC framework, though.

I think factor push and worst case will both get partial marks - they were probably looking for “stressing models” in general.

i forgot the name for factor push. Decided to go with worst case scenario. Problem is it was ALTERNATIVE for scenarios… but i think it should count too :frowning: