Struggling with ethics

When I told this to me friends they say “don’t steal”, but in all seriousness I’ve been scoring barely above 50% in the practice exams, whereas I was in the 80s for levels 1 and 2. I did the EOC questions and did well on those. With the exam less than I week away I wanted to review my weakest area, which turns out to be ethics. Is the best review just doing lots of problems?

Have the same problem. I think more problems. That’s what I will do

Bradleyz Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > When I told this to me friends they say “don’t > steal”, but in all seriousness I’ve been scoring > barely above 50% in the practice exams, whereas I > was in the 80s for levels 1 and 2. > > I did the EOC questions and did well on those. > With the exam less than I week away I wanted to > review my weakest area, which turns out to be > ethics. > > Is the best review just doing lots of problems? If that is 50% in Schweser I am not 100% it translates well to the real curriculum. Look at CFA Sample and Mock compared to Schweser questions or even the 100+ Ethics questions in the book. They are much more straightforward and want specific information. Schweser questions are ambiguous and make little sense. I was in the same position as you so I did Ethics all weekend and realized how much easier the CFAi Ethics questions were.

Yes, this is from Schweser and Stalla practice exams. I’m planning on doing the 2009 mock today and will see if its more straightforward. I hope your right about CFAI ethics being easier to understand.

Schweser sucks for L3 but their Ethics for L3 BLOWS!!!

yep L3 ethics sucks. In my last paper i got 2/6 for Q1 then 6/6 for Q2. Its totally random and really all about luck this year for ethics. Even with the standards open some questions are debatable.