Study Group in Downtown Toronto for Level II

Any one interested in joining a study group for L2 in downtown Toronto? Am a re taker…2011 Band 9 fail. Planning to start sometime in October or any other date by consensus.

I’m willing to join the study group after September

I’m interested. I’m actually thinking of enrolling to the U of T class held by Michael Hlinka, but I’m not decided yet. So you can count me in after september/october as well. How do you want to proceed ?

I’m interested as well. Also considering taking Michael Hlinka’s course which starts in October. I’ve heard really good things about his course. I used schweser for level 1 and the guy I was sitting next to in the exam room took Michael Hlinka’s course. Anyway the guy only had good things to say about the U of T course and he finished each session of the level 1 exam in two hours and 15 minutes. I wonder if he passed… How do we proceed are we exchanging emails or what?

just out of curiosity…how much does it cost?

I signed up for Michael’s course (used him for L1). It’s expensive ($3,500) but worth it if you can afford it.

06agyepo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m interested as well. Also considering taking > Michael Hlinka’s course which starts in October. > I’ve heard really good things about his course. I > used schweser for level 1 and the guy I was > sitting next to in the exam room took Michael > Hlinka’s course. Anyway the guy only had good > things to say about the U of T course and he > finished each session of the level 1 exam in two > hours and 15 minutes. I wonder if he passed… How > do we proceed are we exchanging emails or what? I don’t know. Anyway I’m not in the rush yet. My email adress is lymoate@gmail.com I heard also a lot of good things about This UoT class, that’s why I decided to enroll. hopefully I’ll be able to expense it through my company as they are already paying for my CFA fees.

My cowoker took that course…she said it was amazing and I’m down for study group, however in my opinion is way too early…I wanna do it once im ready to do mocks

I took Michael’s course last year. He’s good but basically urges you to read the complete CFAI texts and repeatedly do the EOC questions. He also has his own notes but I personally felt they were not that useful. Also has quizzes every week and 3 periodic mocks and 2 full length mock exams. Including taxes I think the course costs around 3500. I was a Band 9 fail this year and decided against joining his course…instead planning on taking schweiser, doing EOC’s and taking 5 to 6 mocks in april-may next yr The challenge is primarily around retaining the volume of material and so felt discussions through study groups is a great way to do that. My email is paul.djin@gmail.com. If October sounds good, lets all try to meet once next month and take it from there. Any suggestions are welcome

3500?!..kill me now

Alladin Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 3500?!..kill me now usually people charge their companies

Miss*Yiota Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Alladin Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > 3500?!..kill me now > > > Yes, 3150 + 13% taxes…But usually people charge their companies, if they are lucky enough to work for a company that can afford their education fees

for 3.5k…that course better make pigs fly :slight_smile:

Yeah, my old company paid for it but my new one probably won’t. Still, I will say that his L1 tests and quizes were by far the closest in content and difficulty as any I tried, and I did Elan, Shwesser and CFAI qs/mocks. Personally, I just want to get this done and move on, so it’s worth it for me, plus I don’t have a finance background so I needed the extra help. If you have a undergrad bcomm or work in the industry than it’s likely not worth the $$ for you anyway.

I am in for study group too - I expect to start in October.

and i thought 1.7k is going to make pigs fly already… 3.5 sounds like hippos have wings then… i am down for study too!

Those of you interested to join the study group, could you pls post your email addresses. I’ll send a mail out in the 3rd or 4th week of sept and we could all meet once informally over drinks, get to know each other and exchange ideas about location and study plan as well as decide on a start date.

changed email… someone sapmmed my server…

hardasset1@gmail.com

abali_1@hotmail.com