Study question for those who passed

Did anybody have a similar routine. Read the CFAI books, take notes in a notebook as you read along. When all books are finished and notes taken, drill practice exams. I am currently doing that but just received Schweser study notes and the do it yourself LOS note cards. I am deciding if I want to abandon my old ways and use teh Schweser books and fill out the LOS cards or just continue. Someone please share their experiences. - Thanks Eric

Use Schweser and take notes. Id wait until like november to do practice exams. Memorize every formula and all the tables and you will kill it

ditch the CFA texts? I’ve been looking around and getting mixed answers to this question, but does it hurt your chances of passing to completely replace the CFA text books (which are a huge hassle) for the Schweser Study Notes?

i did CFAI texts and flash cards at very end and passed. stick to CFAI books then go thru schweser then do practice exams in last month. you have plenty of time, so be confident. if you have zero background in this stuff, i highly recommend reading the CFAI texts. i dont know why so many people ditch em – they are very readable!!! maybe i am a dork and just wnjoy this stuff too much, but they do a good job… prep materials move too fast and you end up memorizing formulas but not getting it all in i will repeat my famous level I story at the risk of annoying people ME AND 2 GUYS TOOK THE LEVEL I EXAM IN JUNE. ALL OF US WERE 3 WEEKS PAST FINISHING OUR MBA DEGREES AT A TOP 20 US PROGRAM. I USED CFAI BOOKS AND THEY USED STALLA AND SCHWESER THE NIGHT BEFORE THE EXAM, I WAS STILL READING CFAI BOOKS AND GOING OVER MY HIGHLIGHTS THEY WERE GOING OVER STALLA I PASSED. THE OTHER 2 DID NOT this story could be utter nonsense, but i am a supersticious person and i learned my lesson. use the CFAI books!!!

Agreed Daj, I only relied on Schweser and fell short by a handful. I’ll be placing more focus on the CFAI texts this time around. Daj, how did that interview turn out from last week?

escioffi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ditch the CFA texts? > > I’ve been looking around and getting mixed answers > to this question, but does it hurt your chances of > passing to completely replace the CFA text books > (which are a huge hassle) for the Schweser Study > Notes? Escioffi, The CFAI books are a huge hassle and are likely to slow you down/frustrate you/confuse you at times but its more of a hassle/frustration/obstacle having to repeat the exam for a second, third, fourth time. I found that using external provider material (i used Schweser but there are many others) and then using CFAI where i felt that i needed to drill things into my tiny brain. Ultimately its a personal choice but you have to know this stuff pretty well to pass - where i felt i knew things well and could score well on the practice Qs i moved on after Schweser review only, and when not I read CFAI as well.

I agree with JTMarlin. After reading Schweser the CFAI books just gave me a headache and were really confusing. You can’t go wrong by purcahsing Schweser and doing all of the 4000 qbank questions.