Study Sessions: Level of Difficulty

Need some guidance. I am trying to figure out the more the difficult study sessions in L2. Following is what I have so far. 1) SS3: Quant 2) SS6: FSA-Pension & Multinational 3) SS18: Portfolio Management I am just about getting started on L2 and was going over what’s involved. I am starting with Quant and then move over to FSA. My strategy is to tackle the trickier aspects first and leave relatively easier topics for later. I tend to go back and redo the topics I have covered after about a month to keep them fresh in my mind. By starting with the tougher aspects of the course, I intend to devote more time to them. Any help is appreciated.

I suggest that you focus on FSA.

i think the most difficult seessions were derivatives , FSA and fixed income…

shuaps Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i think the most difficult seessions were > derivatives , FSA and fixed income… Agreed: 5,6,16 and 17 were the worst

Thanks for the responses. I am getting my back siide kicked by time series right now…

I had a tough time with time series. Tough to get thru it.

delhirocks Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Need some guidance. I am trying to figure out the > more the difficult study sessions in L2. Following > is what I have so far. > > 1) SS3: Quant > 2) SS6: FSA-Pension & Multinational > 3) SS18: Portfolio Management I think it depends. If you have a good background, the quant and PM stuff isn’t that bad. But on the whole, I think most people taking these exams are relatively weak in accounting. So, given that and the weight on FSA, I’d go with that. I knocked out Quant, Econ, and Fixed income relatively easily, since I’ve got a good grounding in those. But FSA is kicking my butt.