Study strategy - Repeaters

What are the study strategies followed by the repeaters? How far have you done?

well i took the most heavily weighted topics that i failed (Econ, FI & Eq.) n started reading the CFAI text… i read the whole 2 books except SS6 (fiscal & monetary policy) which am starting today. startinf restudying from aug. 5th or somthing. good progress i guess.

I’m using Schweser and Qbank. I’m also using the CFAI texts for the questions at the end of each LOS.

meazza Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m using Schweser and Qbank. I’m also using the > CFAI texts for the questions at the end of each > LOS. +1

Hi guys! Am not completely prepared to do the dec exam. Based on your experience, does it help if I just proceed writing the exam, in preparation for June 09 ? Or is it better not to show up?

filcan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hi guys! Am not completely prepared to do the dec > exam. Based on your experience, does it help if I > just proceed writing the exam, in preparation for > June 09 ? > > Or is it better not to show up? I’m 2 for 2 so far and I’ve never been in that boat, but why wouldn’t you show up? If nothing else you can get a feel for the exam so you’ll be more prepared next time. Study as much as you can. If you run the risk of not finishing everything make sure you hit the highest weighted areas. Also, read the ethics book the week before the exam and you’ll ace that topic area.

Filcan, its no point sitting for the exam unless you are ready for it. Moreover, you have paid a lot of money too. If your objective is preparation for June 2009, you also should know that the curriculum will be changed for 2009. If your target is June 2009, my advice is; 1. Request for a refund from CFAI for the Dec 2008. (most likely they will) 2. Enroll for June 2009. (if not successfull, you will get another chance in Dec 2009) 3. If you need examination type experience, take one or two mock exams from CFAI which will cost USD 100 each.

they dont refund. i tried it. emra32

That depends on how you claim the refund. May be for medical reasons they refund. There are cople of people i know who had got a refund.