Studying during the work week

How many of you are really getting it done Mon-Friday…I am trying to put in 3 or 4 hours a night (4 is a stretch) but they are not great study hours. Just curious to see what everyone else is doing

I’m doing about 3-4 per night as well. I’ve just been hitting the Q-Bank as many times as I can.

1hr over lunch (not good quality) ~2-3hrs in evenings, trying to get up to 4hrs. They are usually decent if I hit the library, crappy if I stay at home.

yeah…I feel the same way…also doing Q-Bank and Tests on weekends

For Level 1, at least, re-reading Secret Sauce about 20 times and answering as many questions as possible on Q-Bank seemed to help…

Was forced to concentrate more on work lately, and had a number of things to do in the evenings, so this week I was reduced to the occasional glimpse on this forum and reading my notes while commuting. Vowed to ramp it up for next week though!

4-5 hours a night… i have no life and get home around 7:30… then study to about 1:30… Are they quality hours? My brain is rocked by 1 am… By 9 i usually have a little buzzing in my head… It is starting early today and I am still at work…

Same as you all. 3-4 ok hours after work, not brilliant. 1 hour at lunch which is usually a bit of qbank but low quality study. Weekends are the best. Taking next two weeks off work to ram this thing.

pkun1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Same as you all. 3-4 ok hours after work, not > brilliant. 1 hour at lunch which is usually a bit > of qbank but low quality study. > > Weekends are the best. Taking next two weeks off > work to ram this thing. 3-4 hours a day…not sure of quality…as I still on Q-Bank…finishing tonite Office is light but cant study here as didnt tell it to team…else they will load me with work :frowning: had 6 odd social evening outs in last 10 days… One thing I have noticed about this CFA…now if I dont study for 2-3 days…I feel like a criminal…not a theif but a murderer …as if I cant show my face to any one wish I was like this in my childhood

I am putting 4-5 hrs per night man. Just drinking $hitload of coffee and tough it out. I had about 2 hrs of sleep last night but I normally make sure I get 4hrs of quality sleep everyday. Sure as hell will be glad when it’s all over.

I work 6:45 to 4, So I’m able to bank at least 4-5 solid hours every night at the library. Usually eat quick after work and then go to about 10, lights out by 11.

I wish I could have read secret sauce end to end, but it seems impossible. Often the time, I have to go to the notes to get the details(like Equity Cash Flow and target IRR). I also found some graphs are missing in the secret sauce. Perhaps I will practice with SS in hand, at least it’s much smaller in size and “weight”. Time is the issue, I will take one week off this time - not like for the L1, I was still coding on the last Friday.

Home by 6, studying by 7:30, an hour break for food, finish up by around 12:30 am. Been doing it for four weeks now am absolutely buggered. Plus I’m still only hitting around 65-70% in the practice exams. I am so screwed.

Most of the time I get home by 5:30 or 6, nap until about 8, and then get up and study until 12 or 1. Leaves me exhausted at work the next day but without the nap, the quality of my studying is horrible after working all day…

Yeah, I sometimes try and sneak in a thirty minute power nap after getting home. Works wonders

Usually Thursday’s are a sunk cost for me. It’s like a typical credit risk of an interest rate swap - the conditions have deteriorated since the week started (Monday) and you also know that you have a painful/dreaded weekend coming your way, where all you do is sleep, eat, study - repeat. So there is a seasonality factor (Thu) that I need to add back in my derivatives model and first difference to make myself covariance stationary for the weekend to come.

I read on the boat to and from work (1hr) then put in another 2 1/2 hours every night. Anything beyond that and my brain develops a teflon coating and nothing sticks. That formula seemed to work for L1, so I’m not messing with it.

I hate Fridays - just nothing to look forward to anymore

How bout studying at work? Doing a 60 qbanker as we speak! (Boss is out today)

Aimee Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Most of the time I get home by 5:30 or 6, nap > until about 8, and then get up and study until 12 > or 1. Now that is what I call a precious commodity.