Studying inbetween morning and afternoon session?

Do(can) candidates do this? When I took the Series 7, I had all my material in my car. During the first half there were a number of questions that I knew but couldn’t decide between two answers. During the break, I ran to the car to look it up and put closure on the matter. Therefore I was better prepared in the afternoon. Just curious overall.

You’ll be tired and hungry, you should rest and clear your head. Six hours plus 2 will be too much for any brain, I think.

though technically you have two hours, it is not really that much. If you wait thro’ the last half hour of the morning session, you are out only by close to 12:30 PM. And after that, if you have not taken your lunch with you, you would probably just have enough time to find someplace to have lunch at, and also account for the hordes of exam candidates doing the same (exam crowd will be three times as much in June because of all 3 exams being held in June). You might also be better off having the Schweser Secret sauce or some such summary of a summary – which allows quick review of certain topics / points. Carrying all the material is too much of a long shot, I would think. CP

I thought the two sessions are seperate i.e. they will take away morning session’s question. I mean, would I be able to go back to the morning session’s questions during the afternoon session??! If so, then hell YES. I am brining the whole curriculum with me.

the two sessions are different and u can’t go back and correct anything. U wouldn’t have time anyway … I saw people reading stuff like the quick sheet or a bit of ethics. If it help to releive stress why not !! but I don’t think that it will change ur mark …

there is no sense trying to study the entire curriculum in the two hours between sessions. the day before the exam, identify 6-8 questions you KNOW will be on the test. i’ll let you figure that out. whatever was in the morning, won’t be in the afternoon. make sure you know the 3-4 problems during the break that didn’t appear in the morning. i eat, cram for 30-45 minutes, take a quick walk to clear my head, and sit back down for 3 hours. i generally don’t have an appetite, so i force down a piece of fruit, energy bar, and a gatorade. good luck.

If you prepared enough for the exam, there is no point in “craming” between sessions. When I wrote the exam in December, it took about a half hour just to get out of the NY test room…after I took a leasurely walk to a deli, grabbed a sandwich by myself, and walked back, I only had about 25 minutes to relax. When I was 2/3 of the way through the second session, my brain still felt like it was leaking out of my ears…trust me, rest up between sessions. With so much material, you either know it or you don’t at this point.

i have taken the exam before some question are reapted in the afternoon session. I think if one want to do a quick check of a question that you he was not so sure between two chioces i would recomend a book in the car just in case one really needs to check up some thing. but other wise a good part of the break should be used to resting.

I would highly recommend not studying inbetween sessions. I took Level 1 in December and you really need the break. As jalmy pointed out, either you know it or you don’t at that point. No amount of studying during the break is going to save you. By the time 4:30pm came around my brain was fried.

Don’t do it. If you have to check 1 or 2 quick answers then that’s okay. I checked one and found out I got it wrong and that pissed me off. I then shut the book, listened to some tunes and ate a good lunch. Went back to the afternoon session and killed it. Let the brain rest. If you don’t know the info it by then you most likely don’t have a shot. On the opposite end of the spectrum I’ve heard of candidates having a couple of beers at the break. Don’t recommend that.

I had a set of about 100 notecards I reviewed before LI and during the break. Personally I found it very helpful. Bring the Secret Sauce Manual. It helps because you may have some questions at the break and clearing them up before you go back in for the afternoon is always a good thing. Just take your stuff in a bookbag, and if you don’t feel the need to review during the break, don’t. If you do, then by all means.

I walked around before the exam and during lunch and marveled at the pathetic people studying at the last minute…I’m cool, confident, well-prepared and these peons are still frantically studying. Only 4 out of 10 of us are going to pass. I guess we’ve figured that one out.

Did Joey just call me pathetic? hahaha, ahh well.

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I walked around before the exam and during lunch > and marveled at the pathetic people studying at > the last minute…I’m cool, confident, > well-prepared and these peons are still > frantically studying. Only 4 out of 10 of us are > going to pass. I guess we’ve figured that one > out. On a side note, the candidates were probably wondering, “Who is that old man wandering the halls, I wonder if I should ask him if he needs help.”

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > JoeyDVivre Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I walked around before the exam and during > lunch > > and marveled at the pathetic people studying at > > the last minute…I’m cool, confident, > > well-prepared and these peons are still > > frantically studying. Only 4 out of 10 of us > are > > going to pass. I guess we’ve figured that one > > out. > > > On a side note, the candidates were probably > wondering, “Who is that old man wandering the > halls, I wonder if I should ask him if he needs > help.” ROFL

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > JoeyDVivre Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I walked around before the exam and during > lunch > > and marveled at the pathetic people studying at > > the last minute…I’m cool, confident, > > well-prepared and these peons are still > > frantically studying. Only 4 out of 10 of us > are > > going to pass. I guess we’ve figured that one > > out. > > > On a side note, the candidates were probably > wondering, “Who is that old man wandering the > halls, I wonder if I should ask him if he needs > help.” Ouch. That’s going to leave a mark.

When I took L1 last December, I noticed that they were hitting leases pretty hard and that this was one area where I was seriously lacking. At lunch, I ate a cliff bar on my walk back to my hotel room, re-read the section on operating/capital leases, and got back just in time for part 2. I know that I got at least 2 problems in the second half correct that I otherwise wouldn’t have. While you should know everything before you show up for the exam, I would still recommend bring your study notes in case there is something stupid that you blank out on after the first session.

At Philly, they had supervised rooms where you could leave your belongings such as study materials on site, and little sitting areas which made it very easy to grab your books and review a topic during the break.

i did it for level 1. i only did it because the morning section didn’t cover some important material so i reread a bit of that. i’d only take a gamble on a few topics if i were you. i definitely wouldn’t go overboard