studying is exactly like working out...

you stop doing it for a few days and it feels like you are starting all over when you start back up again…sighhhh

Agreed

you need those red bulls spipE

I was thinking it was similar because the hardest part is getting started, actually doing it can be painful, but you feel better about it all when you are done.

Unfortunately I don’t get a pump after studying, nor do I feel like Arnold did after working out…

The motivation for doing it actually feels somewhat similar. Both are geared towards self-improvement. The CFA is essentially a mental workout.

I reckon both time in the gym and CFA study are quite alike. It’s all about attitude, commitment and tenacity - it takes months of incremental gains in the gym to make a difference to your physique, much like CFA exam prep. It has taken me weeks to add 5kgs to both my bench/squat, with each session having an incremental gain of 0.5/1 rep…frustratingly slow progress, but I’m determined to keep the bar high whilst avoiding injury! Going to continue this discussion in the back office :slight_smile: That said, I get much more satisfaction from a 30min workout than an equivalent time studying! Good luck with the study everybody. K

goes to eleven Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I was thinking it was similar because the hardest > part is getting started, actually doing it can be > painful, but you feel better about it all when you > are done. Almost my thoughts exactly. However, I think doing it can often be fun too.