Stupid question

I apologize in advance for the stupid computer question but I figured someone nerdier than I could help. Is there an easy way to populate a list of filenames in a folder? I have hundreds of reports saved in a folder and would like to generate a list of all of the pdf’s. The goal is to be able to send the list in the body of an email. My only thought would be to view the folder as a list and take 10 or 12 screenshots… not what I’m after though. Anyone have a quick solution?

A simple way is to use a command prompt and type dir > C:\files.txt It just pipes the output of the command to a text file. Obviously navigate to the folder first and run it from there though.

newsuper Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > A simple way is to use a command prompt and type > > dir > C:\files.txt > > It just pipes the output of the command to a text > file. Obviously navigate to the folder first and > run it from there though. Ah, very nice. dir/s>files.txt was exactly what I needed. Thanks for the help.

no worries

apology accepted.