I was burning out today so I had a little fun…
_ Cognitive Biases _
conservatism bias - fail to consider new information
-You are on a date with the perfect girl, she tells you she has a child, undaunted you still like her just as much.
confirmation bias - look for new information that supports your view
- Your crush is not texting or calling you back and turned down your suggested hang out, but you confirm your hopes that they must like you because they just sent you a smiley emotocon.
Representative bias - simple decision rule takes place of more thorough analysis
- You knew a great girl in high school, but she was a fat one, and you can’t stop thinking of her as a fat one even after hearing she was on the college volleyball team.
Illusion of control - belief one can affect an outcome
- You think you can decide when a relationship begins and ends, so you trade relationships often, but always with the same sector of girl, only to find that the dinner costs of all your dates got too expense - but you don’t care because you were in control.
Hindsight bias - selective memory of past events
- Every girl you have had sex with was a hottie - you never comprimised.
Anchoring and Adjustment bias - selecting an arbitrary value and adjusting up or down
- You are still getting ignored by girls you knew in high school even though you are a sucessful investment banker now.
Mental accounting bias - money is treated differently depending on how it is categorized.
- You are offered oral sex on your birthday and you savour the moment. You are offered oral sex on a Tuesday and you spend it quickly.
Framing bias - answer given is affected by the way the question is asked.
- Your cutie pie saying “I love you” and it made you angry when said in the middle of a messy kitchen, but the same words made you happy when said in the middle of a messy bed.
Availability bias - putting undue emphasis on information that is readily available.
- You can tell by their online dating account profile that they are a hot person.
_ Emotional biases _
Loss Aversion bias - feeling more pain in a loss than pleasure in a gain
- Your last relationship broke your heart - therefore you never date again.
Overconfidence bias - overestimate intuitive ability and reasoning.
- Everyone wants to date you, the only ranking from a girl you can get is “top pick”.
Self-Control bias - failure to address long-term goals due to insufficient self-discipline.
- You have sex without a condom.
Status Quo bias - an emotional desire to do nothing.
- You stay in your current not properly diversified relationship because you aren’t bothered to see what else is out there.
Regret Aversion bias - you do nothing out of fear that you could be wrong.
- You don’t initiate asking girls out.
Endowment bias - your spouse holds onto your securities after you die.
- Your spouse holds onto your large penis while in bed.