Sunday March 9th

Daylight savings cost me an hour this morning. Got to my study spot around 9:30, stayed till noon. Gym and then back home by 2:30. Started Schweser book 4, “read” through alternative investments and outlined but head wasn’t really into it. Once I got home I reproduced some of the Schweser charts in excel so I can post them on wall at work. Not a bad day but disappointing after yesterday.

Slacker.

Well, not sure why I decided to check on the board today, but it’s my first time since seeing the failure notice last year. I wanted to see where people are in their studies - funny, Mr.Good, I’m in the same place as you. I think we’re in good shape.

MGG I’m in the same region of the ciriculum as you. I went through CFAI notes through fall and finished them about 3 weeks ago. I finished SS 10 and then did the whole 11 today in Schweser. I feel like I’m retaining nothing but I seem to do good on the schweser end of chapter questions, but I don’t really feel comfortable with the amount of material they test there. The first, and most important AI reading of SS 11 had a like 10 MC questions, 2 or 3 of which were stupid ones about past return that CFAI would never ask IMHO

My goal is to have gone through and taken notes/Index cards on all the Schweser books by the end of the month then have a month of review and then a month of problems.

Wow - now I feel behind schedule again. You reviewed all of the CFAI notes, too? Wow, that is aggressive. Nice job.

Nope no CFAI notes yet!? I dont feel like I am retaining much but I think going through it once you pick up alot more the second time around… I hope

Mr.Good - I’m a re-taker this year and your proposed schedule is pretty much as the same as mine. I think it should work out this time around if we can stick with it. I spent too much time on getting through the 1st round this year, and you definitely learn more the 2nd time through. I’m just trying to make sure there’s nothing that I don’t understand the first time around.

I spent 10+ hours at my office yesterday studying. It’s the only environment in which my brain really works. I couldn’t get squat done today, but I figure I got in a whole weekend of studying just yesterday alone.

Nice Pimp. I am going to try to make the transition to weekday studying this week. Have had a hard time this time around due to a new position at work/hours/stress.

I think I’m going to have plenty of time to study starting this week. I’m hearing rumors that my bank is going to announce layoffs starting tomorrow, so I figured I’d give myself the day off today and see what happens tomorrow and take it from there.

Yikes, good luck pimp let us know what happens

pimp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I spent 10+ hours at my office yesterday studying. > It’s the only environment in which my brain > really works. I couldn’t get squat done today, > but I figure I got in a whole weekend of studying > just yesterday alone. That is is some impressive discipline my friend. I thought all the ho’s in your office would be a distraction???

Mr.Good.Guy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Daylight savings cost me an hour this morning. > Got to my study spot around 9:30, stayed till > noon. Gym and then back home by 2:30. Started > Schweser book 4, “read” through alternative > investments and outlined but head wasn’t really > into it. Once I got home I reproduced some of the > Schweser charts in excel so I can post them on > wall at work. Not a bad day but disappointing > after yesterday. why the hell do we need that daylight savings anyway!!!

You are already at book4? what are you complaining about! Just relax you have 3 more months whats the importance of an hour.

relax??! He’s motivated, disciplined and greedy, who can blame him? it’s a kind of guy you’d wanna share your study notes. Study on MGG!