Suspect CFA claim on resume - update

For those who followed the story from 5 months ago, the person in question who lied on their resume about their CFA level candidate got a formal letter of suspension from CFAI PCP. CFAI is killing her candidacy for L2 this year, no refunds obviously. I don’t have exact details of the suspension… it may actually be termination. But her resume online is also updated it went from: CFA Level 2 Candidate Now: Passed L1 on the first attempt

Also I noticed she lied about her GPA. It’s definitely not a 4.0 I wonder if CFAI will update their website to include her name here: http://www.cfainstitute.org/ethics/conduct/Pages/candidate_sanctions.aspx If it does, I can point it out, if not, I have to keep it confidential. She should never get a job on wall street.

Maybe recommend her to Dr. Ashoka Prasad, Jr…?

iteracom Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > For those who followed the story from 5 months > ago, the person in question who lied on their > resume about their CFA level candidate got a > formal letter of suspension from CFAI PCP. Didn’t you catch hell from your friend for turning this liar in? After your inquiries to liar, liar must have known that it was you that narced on her. (Unless, I suppose, liar was too embarrassed to tell your friend what went down.)

Care to link us to the original story/thread? Intrigued to read about how she was caught and what led up to the suspension.

iteracom Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Also I noticed she lied about her GPA. It’s > definitely not a 4.0 > > I wonder if CFAI will update their website to > include her name here: > http://www.cfainstitute.org/ethics/conduct/Pages/c > andidate_sanctions.aspx > > If it does, I can point it out, if not, I have to > keep it confidential. > She should never get a job on wall street. Lol, guess she didn’t learn her lesson…what a retard, hoping that GPA comes back to bite her in the ass!

Wow, that’s some street justice.

Wendy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > iteracom Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > For those who followed the story from 5 months > > ago, the person in question who lied on their > > resume about their CFA level candidate got a > > formal letter of suspension from CFAI PCP. > > > Didn’t you catch hell from your friend for turning > this liar in? > > After your inquiries to liar, liar must have known > that it was you that narced on her. > > (Unless, I suppose, liar was too embarrassed to > tell your friend what went down.) I think the friend would be extremely embarrassed about having recommended someone who - as a pathological liar - would have been an extreme liability tithe company (except possibly in a sales role).

Hahaha great update. Good stuff guy!

Probably she lied all those things to get a job. Has she gotten a job yet?

revenge…a dish best served cold. i’d be looking over my shoulder if i were you…hell hath no fury like a woman’s scorn!

She should have just shagged whomever she was interviewing with. It doesn’t say anything about that in the ethics right?

Well, now that we’re on the topics of revenge and shagging, I must say, that if I were a psychopathic woman out to get revenge on someone, I would first seduce him. Of course, this would be a ploy to lure him into a vulnerable position which would enable me to bite/cut off his manliness. Of course, this is all hypothetical.

Channeling Patrick Bateman are we?

JUSTICE!!! [chanting] CFAI!! CFAI!! I still think they got it wrong with qqqqbee; he passed. bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think the friend would be extremely embarrassed > about having recommended someone who - as a > pathological liar - would have been an extreme > liability tithe company (except possibly in a > sales role). Agree. That’s why I’ve written recommendation letters for only two guys in my life, and only because I could verify their claims. ohai Wrote: -------------------------------------------------------- > Well, now that we’re on the topics of revenge and shagging, > I must say, that if I were a psychopathic woman out to get > revenge on someone, I would first seduce him. Of > course, > this would be a ploy to lure him into a vulnerable position which > would enable me to bite/cut off his manliness. Of course, this is all hypothetical. Agree too. I’ve got a story on this, but since marcus phoenix gets offended when I talk about chicks, I’d rather keep it to myself.

Missed the original story and have a quick question. You said that they are killing her Level 2 candidacy for this year, with no refunds. If she was signed up for the test, therefore being a candidate, what was wrong with her stating the candidacy on her resume? Was the resume written before she signed up for the test? iteracom Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > CFAI is killing her candidacy for L2 this year, no > refunds obviously. I don’t have exact details of > the suspension… it may actually be termination. > But her resume online is also updated > > it went from: CFA Level 2 Candidate > Now: Passed L1 on the first attempt else think this is lame?? >

From what I gather: Initially, she said she was a L3 candidate while in reality, she was only a L2 candidate. After she was reported and received the warning from CFAI police team 1, she changed her resume to say she was a L2 candidate. After being suspended by CFAI police team 2, she changed her resume to say that she passed L1.

She’s got to ham up passing L1 on the first attempt (assuming even that is true), because that may be all she may ever be able to do with CFA related stuff.

Thank you ohai. Odd story… why would anyone do that? You have to know better. ohai Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > From what I gather: Initially, she said she was a > L3 candidate while in reality, she was only a L2 > candidate. After she was reported and received the > warning from CFAI police team 1, she changed her > resume to say she was a L2 candidate. After being > suspended by CFAI police team 2, she changed her > resume to say that she passed L1.

richardbchilds Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Thank you ohai. Odd story… why would anyone do > that? You have to know better. > > ohai Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > From what I gather: Initially, she said she was > a > > L3 candidate while in reality, she was only a > L2 > > candidate. After she was reported and received > the > > warning from CFAI police team 1, she changed > her > > resume to say she was a L2 candidate. After > being > > suspended by CFAI police team 2, she changed > her > > resume to say that she passed L1. You’d be surprised how unethical and/or clueless and/or lazy some people are in real life… just check the level 1 forum and count the ‘Hey can I skip X section of the CFA?’, threads there are come less than one month before the exam.