swap spread

what was the answer to this bad boy? spread over rf with counterparty c-risk included?

spread over risk free rate (treasury) and counter party risk NOT included.

i just said economic in schweser they say something that in swap markets only big companies enter so the credit is not a big issue versus economic conditions i might be wrong

bear stearns?

lxwqh Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > spread over risk free rate (treasury) and counter > party risk NOT included. is that the ans or spread between floating and fixed???

Florinpop - that’s the answer I picked but think it’s wrong, even though Investopedia agrees with us. The correct one should be spread off treasuries.

florinpop Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > lxwqh Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > spread over risk free rate (treasury) and > counter > > party risk NOT included. > > > is that the ans or spread between floating and > fixed??? That’s the answer. The BSC example doesn’t apply since the SWAP spread is the spread for the entire banking system, aggregate of all banks, not any individual party.

wasn’t it versus LIBOR since LIBOR is the universal lending rate?

So what was the answer. I said the general economy becuase the banks credit risk would change with the general economy.

I put against LIBOR too

is there a choice says spread between the floating and fixed? i just said the org statement is right.

shit…

rjs157 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > wasn’t it versus LIBOR since LIBOR is the > universal lending rate? The swap rate is based on libor, it’s the spread above treasuries. I can’t remember his quote, but I think it was correct.

libor has credit risk. that’s why libor rate went up during bear sterns.

so swap spread has counterparty credit risk? but not specific, unique counterparty credit risk? what did the question ask lol

schweser = “the default premium in libor is reflected in the swap rate calculated from it” that would mean inherent counterparty risk, no? that was my thinking, so i said no and went with the counterparty one

But the counterparty they are talking about is the SWAP counterparty… They are basically saying “Does the SWAP spread incorporate company A’s credit risk?”

was that what they were asking? or were they asking does it reflect counterparty risk as a whole? i can’t remember

i put between floating and fixed

I put spread over treasuries and no change in risk.