Swiss Finance Academy

Hello all, Is there anybody here who lives in NYC and have attended either The New School, NY or The Swiss Finance Academy?? I would like to meet up for few related concerns. Thank you, Anish

What are your concerns, Anish?

Heard that Swiss Finance Academy is not worth it. Check out wallstreetoasis.com…some people checked out the program and thought it was a waste

EMHdenied Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What are your concerns, Anish? My point of view: 1) No offense, but people here are saying that SFA is not worth it but since the program is running for past few years (of course they are maintaining their high tuition fee). So, there is has to be something good about it? 2) The certificate or credit for the pragram at SFA is awarded under the supervision of some professor who is teaching at New School. Is there any connection between these two schools? 3) Anybody who HAS done MSc from New School - was it of any help? Any better placements? 4) Few other that I would like to ask if I know the background of the person who attended any of these courses. Thanks

i would not spend money on a finance education right now, lol. the $2500 CFA seems the best deal out there - given the tight money and all these days

Maybe your better off getting the Wall street prep certificate? Do people even look at that wall street prep certificate on the resume?

Had a classmate who took the training…In my financial modeling class, he was heads and shoulders above everyone. But that was probably attributed to his past IB internships more so than the Swiss training academy (I would imagine). He was one of the few in my class who went on to work at Goldman, I will add.

CFAdummy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Maybe your better off getting the Wall street prep > certificate? > > Do people even look at that wall street prep > certificate on the resume? When I look at job requirements, I see VBA more in demand than financial modelling.

Sorry, but none of the posts/comments above are of any help here. Thanks.