switching position (back->front office)

Is it easier to switch from back to front office in an international investment company. I have no exp, so getting analyst position at major investment fund would be hard, that’s why I consider starting out with the same company as a back office associate. Maybe it’s better to apply first for a front-office job in a small, local company and then try to switch to the international firm? What do you think?

Is it easier to switch from back to front office in an international investment company. No, it’s extremely difficult to make that transition, especially at a large BB firm. I have no exp, so getting analyst position at major investment fund would be hard, that’s why I consider starting out with the same company as a back office associate. It may be hard to get a back office role with no experience. I think you should explain what you mean by no experience…did you take finance, business, accounting, or economics in undergrad? Maybe it’s better to apply first for a front-office job in a small, local company and then try to switch to the international firm? Getting a front office role in any firm without experience, good contacts, or excellent academic credentials is next to impossible. What do you think? Trying using the search function on this site and search for “back office” and you’ll find numerous threads discussing this topic. Good luck!