Taco Bell + CFA studying

Taco Bell is delicious… and I can get free refills on my caffienated beverages (gotta go with the Diet Mt. Dew) to fuel my multi-hour study sessions. What is the optimals T bell / CFA combination? Steak Grilled Stuffed Burrito and Fixed Income Investment Strategies Double Decker Tacos and Equity Investment Strategies Some other combination?

Last year I gained 10 pounds studying for CFA because of that junk food I ate. This year I am actually trying a different approach. For dinner, I’d grind up some blueberries and eat like a powerbar or something. It’s quick, easy, and cheap. Most importantly it keeps me energized without stuffing me death. And I suspect it’s healthier than junk food. be interested in hearing everyone’s favorite game-winning diet regiment.

I’ve been on a taco bell kick lately too…it’s tasty and cheap! I don’t think I could ever try to study at one though… I don’t think it really matters what you order though, as they are all more or less slight variations of the same thing…but they get me every time to try their new items! Except for this new shrimp taco…shrimp+TB = trouble.

$tarving_Banker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Last year I gained 10 pounds studying for CFA > because of that junk food I ate. This year I am > actually trying a different approach. > > For dinner, I’d grind up some blueberries and eat > like a powerbar or something. It’s quick, easy, > and cheap. Most importantly it keeps me energized > without stuffing me death. And I suspect it’s > healthier than junk food. > > be interested in hearing everyone’s favorite > game-winning diet regiment. You just have to balance it out with exercise, once I get into my studying big time around April-May for the push…I take a break and go for a run or to the gym (even for 30 min) and not only do I feel better in terms of weight but easier to study too…exercise gets your blood flow going which is needed for your brain to function; and the more blood flow to your brain the more effecient your studying will be. You can also stay away form junk food and have good snacks such as nuts (almonds, cashews, etc…) or gornolla bars, etc…you get the picture

N.VanCandidate Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > $tarving_Banker Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Last year I gained 10 pounds studying for CFA > > because of that junk food I ate. This year I am > > actually trying a different approach. > > > > For dinner, I’d grind up some blueberries and > eat > > like a powerbar or something. It’s quick, easy, > > and cheap. Most importantly it keeps me > energized > > without stuffing me death. And I suspect it’s > > healthier than junk food. > > > > be interested in hearing everyone’s favorite > > game-winning diet regiment. > > You just have to balance it out with exercise, > once I get into my studying big time around > April-May for the push…I take a break and go for > a run or to the gym (even for 30 min) and not only > do I feel better in terms of weight but easier to > study too…exercise gets your blood flow going > which is needed for your brain to function; and > the more blood flow to your brain the more > effecient your studying will be. > You can also stay away form junk food and have > good snacks such as nuts (almonds, cashews, > etc…) or gornolla bars, etc…you get the > picture I agree, for level 1 and 2 I pretty much completely stopped exercising the last couple months and I felt like crap. I’ve been keeping up the exercise routine so far this time around…although part of me keeps telling myself that it’s 5-6 hours per week that I could be studying…

I have tried the shrimp tacos… they’re expensive… and they’re fast food seafood… they were very “eh…” I think we can all agree that the new 5 layer burritos are an excellent value… also they are probably awesome at clogging my arteries.

FUNancialAnalyst Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have tried the shrimp tacos… they’re > expensive… and they’re fast food seafood… they > were very “eh…” > > I think we can all agree that the new 5 layer > burritos are an excellent value… also they are > probably awesome at clogging my arteries. Ha ha, indeed that 5 layer burrito is money

You will be studying on the toilet a lot.

I love me some taco bell, but the wife refuses to go, so I have to go when she is out of town or whatnot. No way could I study in one though; the library is barely quiet enough for me. Standard burrito supreme is my weapon of choice.

Agreed, lay off the junk food. Grape nuts with whole milk’s a winning pre-study meal. Quick, cheap, easy, filling, guilt-free. Also the Taco Hell in my NYC neighborhood’s fairly scary. I wouldn’t go in even to use their bathroom.

Neveruse_95%_everagain Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Agreed, lay off the junk food. Grape nuts with > whole milk’s a winning pre-study meal. Quick, > cheap, easy, filling, guilt-free. > > Also the Taco Hell in my NYC neighborhood’s fairly > scary. I wouldn’t go in even to use their > bathroom. Whole milk? That’s nasty…unless you’re three years old or younger you really shouldn’t drink whole milk…

Completely agree… that’s why I use half and half at the very least. Preferably cream.

FUNancialAnalyst Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Completely agree… that’s why I use half and half > at the very least. Preferably cream. Ha ha - My father in-law uses half and half on his cereal…

FUNancialAnalyst Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have tried the shrimp tacos… they’re > expensive… and they’re fast food seafood… they > were very “eh…” > > I think we can all agree that the new 5 layer > burritos are an excellent value… also they are > probably awesome at clogging my arteries. They should just give you the charter for eating those shrimp tacos and living to tell about it. I stay away from fast food/snacks as much as possible, but I’ll eat a Big Mac every once in a while - that being said, I do believe I’d only eat fast food shrimp if I lost a large wager. Kudos to you.

yeah… it was foolish of me… I love fish tacos. Insert joke here. I couldn’t help myself… Today I’m gonna get me some home made brisket and some refreshing beer, most likely negatively correllated to the amount i study.

last year for level 2, lived off of 2 filet-o-fish for $2 for a week. Most efficient studying of my life.

$tarving_Banker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Last year I gained 10 pounds studying for CFA > because of that junk food I ate. This year I am > actually trying a different approach. > > For dinner, I’d grind up some blueberries and eat > like a powerbar or something. It’s quick, easy, > and cheap. Most importantly it keeps me energized > without stuffing me death. And I suspect it’s > healthier than junk food. > > be interested in hearing everyone’s favorite > game-winning diet regiment. Powerbars are junk food. Maybe slightly healthier than a Twix bar, but the difference is negligible.