taking a year off

My employer has resisted paying for my L3 expenses. I am really pissed about it. It’s like they don’t even give a damn about the professional development of their employees. This is a 240 bn AUM asset manager that is basically pretending to be a top flight insitutional manager. It’s a total joke. How the hell can they expect to retain good people and NOT PAY FOR THE CFA!!! I am about to quit anyway and move overseas. I think I’ll take a year off and wait for all this crap to blow over…

You may have other reasons to put the test off but do not let your employers lack of generosity cloud your vision.

So you wanted them to pay and then take off to Russia? I think people are going to have to start pulling funding/upping the interest on your relocation loan!! I only registered early cause I assumed that if I took off before writing, I’d pay back the reg fees.

I asked for approval in July, before I decided to move to Russia. This is one more reason for me to get the heck out of here. Originally I decided against paying any fees before I knew for sure that my current employer would reimburse me (after I passed, or whatever). Of course I wouldn’t let them pay and leave immediately.

Ya, I’ve been adding to the list of reasons to look at other opps too, it’s good you’ve got the stones to move; that’s the biggest anchor keeping me in my relatively s*itty, although employed, position.

another reason: my employer bleeds me dry in health insurance premiums: over $450 a month!!! my previous employer (a bigger AM) paid ALL health premiums. not only do they not give a damn about professional development, they don’t care about the HEALTH of their employees!!! Plus we are about to be acquired an integrated into another asset manager (if the deal goes through…). We are toast!!!

Danteshek Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > another reason: my employer bleeds me dry in > health insurance premiums: over $450 a month!!! > my previous employer (a bigger AM) paid ALL > health premiums. not only do they not give a damn > about professional development, they don’t care > about the HEALTH of their employees!!! Plus we > are about to be acquired an integrated into > another asset manager (if the deal goes > through…). We are > toast!!! WOW …thtz a lot of health premiums .

Rudeboi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Danteshek Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > another reason: my employer bleeds me dry in > > health insurance premiums: over $450 a > month!!! > > my previous employer (a bigger AM) paid ALL > > health premiums. not only do they not give a > damn > > about professional development, they don’t care > > about the HEALTH of their employees!!! Plus we > > are about to be acquired an integrated into > > another asset manager (if the deal goes > > through…). We are > > toast!!! > > WOW …thtz a lot of health premiums . LESSON OF THE DAY: NEVER WORK FOR A BANK OWNED ASSET MANAGEMENT COMPANY!!! YOU WILL HAVE THE SAME BENEFITS AS BRANCH TELLERS.

^^^^hahaah!!! I KNOW!!!

Got my CFA Charter just now. Applied for wealth position, that position is on hold (I don’t think it will be filled anytime soon); applied for another wealth position, the hiring manager just left the firm…nothing is happening…!!

It’s only 600 dollars. There are people who aren’t in the industry that cough it up.

Yeah dude, suck it up. I had front the money myself for each of the 3 levels. I can’t understand why you would pass up the opportunity to knock this thing out now over a $600 expense.

Grow some balls… pay up the 600 USD. much rather pass the damn exam asap and get your life back!!! times are tough. you are lucky to have a job. it’s harder for any firm now to justify additional expenses…

Like the markets, I capitulated and paid the $690 dollars (before reading the last two posts). I signed up to take the exam in Moscow.

Well done.

Danteshek Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > another reason: my employer bleeds me dry in > health insurance premiums: over $450 a month!!! > my previous employer (a bigger AM) paid ALL > health premiums. not only do they not give a damn > about professional development, they don’t care > about the HEALTH of their employees!!! Plus we > are about to be acquired an integrated into > another asset manager (if the deal goes > through…). We are > toast!!! Plus 1k health stipend remember?? That was nice- I remember everyone buying designer sunglasses at the end of the yr.

akanska Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Danteshek Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > another reason: my employer bleeds me dry in > > health insurance premiums: over $450 a > month!!! > > my previous employer (a bigger AM) paid ALL > > health premiums. not only do they not give a > damn > > about professional development, they don’t care > > about the HEALTH of their employees!!! Plus we > > are about to be acquired an integrated into > > another asset manager (if the deal goes > > through…). We are > > toast!!! > > Plus 1k health stipend remember?? That was nice- > I remember everyone buying designer sunglasses at > the end of the yr. Yeah :slight_smile: I bought 3 pairs when I resigned (sadly, only one month before bonuses).

Danteshek Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > akanska Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Danteshek Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > another reason: my employer bleeds me dry in > > > health insurance premiums: over 450 a \> \> month!!!!! \> \> \> my previous employer (a bigger AM) paid ALL \> \> \> health premiums. not only do they not give a \> \> damn \> \> \> about professional development, they don't \> care \> \> \> about the HEALTH of their employees!!! Plus \> we \> \> \> are about to be acquired an integrated into \> \> \> another asset manager (if the deal goes \> \> \> through............................). We are \> \> \> toast!!! \> \> \> \> Plus 1k health stipend remember?? That was \> nice- \> \> I remember everyone buying designer sunglasses \> at \> \> the end of the yr. \> \> \> Yeah :) I bought 3 pairs when I resigned (sadly, \> only one month before bonuses). I bought a crap load of Nicorette gum at costco and returned it for CASH :( Sneaky eastern european of me! I resigned put in my notice 3 weeks after profit share was announced and gave a month out of good will. The hit accounts 2 weeks before my last day and I got 0… went to mngr infuriated, and was told since I put in my notice I was no longer in ‘good standing’. That was such BS, I was seriously livid for the next 2 weeks. I should have just given a days notice. They were really bad/opaque on bonus, etc. You had to be there like 8 months post yr end to actually get it. that blew. Pros and cons everywhere though.

akanska Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Danteshek Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > akanska Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > Danteshek Wrote: > > > > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > > > > ----- > > > > another reason: my employer bleeds me dry > in > > > > health insurance premiums: over 450 a \> \> \> month!!!!! \> \> \> \> my previous employer (a bigger AM) paid \> ALL \> \> \> \> health premiums. not only do they not give \> a \> \> \> damn \> \> \> \> about professional development, they don't \> \> care \> \> \> \> about the HEALTH of their employees!!! \> Plus \> \> we \> \> \> \> are about to be acquired an integrated into \> \> \> \> another asset manager (if the deal goes \> \> \> \> through............................). We \> are \> \> \> \> toast!!! \> \> \> \> \> \> Plus 1k health stipend remember?? That was \> \> nice- \> \> \> I remember everyone buying designer \> sunglasses \> \> at \> \> \> the end of the yr. \> \> \> \> \> \> Yeah :) I bought 3 pairs when I resigned \> (sadly, \> \> only one month before bonuses). \> \> I bought a crap load of Nicorette gum at costco \> and returned it for CASH :( Sneaky eastern \> european of me! \> \> I resigned put in my notice 3 weeks after profit \> share was announced and gave a month out of good \> will. The hit accounts 2 weeks before my last > day and I got 0… went to mngr infuriated, and > was told since I put in my notice I was no longer > in ‘good standing’. That was such BS, I was > seriously livid for the next 2 weeks. I should > have just given a days notice. They were really > bad/opaque on bonus, etc. You had to be there > like 8 months post yr end to actually get it. > > that blew. Pros and cons everywhere though. I joined in 06 right when they were paying bonuses so I got my full bonus the following year… 8k on 40 and raise to 45. I always wonder what I would have gotten for 07. One of the other CSAs said bonuses were flat in 07. They will probably be down this year. goes without saying that my current crapola company doesn’t do profit sharing. they say you’re going to get a big bonus and then they stab you in the back, and make it extra sweet screw you on CFA expenses.

What firm did you two work at?