Tax Base of a Liability- CFA web lesson

Hi guys,

Please help me to understand this part from CFA web lesson

"The tax base of a liability is the carrying amount of the liability less any amounts that will be deductible for tax purposes in the future. With respect to payments from customers received in advance of providing the goods and services, the tax base of such a liability is the carrying amount less any amount of the revenue that will not be taxable in future. "
There is an example which pertains to this lesson

Eg: 1. Donations: Entiguan Sports made donations of €100,000 in the current fiscal year. The donations were expensed for financial reporting purposes, but are not tax deductible based on applicable tax legislation.
Carrying Amount (€) Tax Base (€) Temporary Difference (€)

1. Donations 0 0 0

Donations : The amount of €100,000 was immediately expensed on Entiguan’s income statement; therefore, the carrying amount is €0. Tax legislation does not allow donations to be deducted for tax purposes, so the tax base of the donations equals the carrying amount.

** My idea: I thought donation on Balance sheet is 100,000???
What did i miss here?
Likewise, we have equation: DTL= (Carrying val- Tax base)*tax

For assets and expenses, the tax base is the amount that you will be able to report as an expense on future tax returns.

For assets and expenses, the carrying amount is the amount that you will be able to report as an expense on future income statements.

For liabilities and revenues, the tax base is the amount that you will be able to report as revenue on future tax returns.

For liabilities and revenues, the carrying amount is the amount that you will be able to report as revenue on future income statements.

I need to read and think more about that. Thank you