TD Financial Group and Commerce Bancrop $8.20B Deal

What do you think of it? And what do you think of TD Shares plummeting so much today due to this deal and potential of lower diluted earning projections in the next coming 2 years…… I personally think it’s a good move for TD Long Term and they are getting a good deal by paying below estimated value of Commerce Bank (approx. $9.3B) regardless of potential restructuring costs that will lower diluted earnings. I think it will have a huge effect on their long term growth in a positive way.

Damnit looks like I’ll be going to a different bank, i see CB going down the sh!tter…

Strong loonie = first time in 10 years that Candian firms can start expanding south and elsewhere. Great move by TD, they always are trying to expand south and fail becasue they overpay and the loonie in the past didnt help. It was just last year that we were like “we needed income trusts to protect candian firms” well now they are the hunters. But its a totally different story now. RBC also made a move today. Lots of M&A action could start happening.

bigwilly Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Damnit looks like I’ll be going to a different > bank, i see CB going down the sh!tter… I don’t know, I bank with TD and their service is excellent.

well that’s good to hear. I’ve been with them since the beginning of time so it’s sad to see them bought out. It’s going to be weird to see all the commerce banks turn into TD Bank North’s.