TD

So I noticed that TD issued some capital today. Just wondering what people think of this. I had them pegged as a pillar of stability in these troubled times. I guess things are pretty bad when the likes of TD have to pay 9% /10%? Thoughts? Willy

I was slightly surprised by the announcement. Though there seems to be healthy amount of demand for the products they’ve been issuing.

Then again, they are 100!!! year notes redeemable at TDs discretion. Willy

They are not really 100 yr notes, they issued a 10yr and a 30yr, the latter is theoreticaly 100yr if converted but is always called in 30yr. It is one of the first 20yr issues in a long long time hence the demand for it

And the difference in duration between a 9% 30-yr note and a 9% 100-yr note is? (Ans: Too lazy to figure out that it is about 6 hours).

6 hours! You do realize what could happen in 6 hours!!!1

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > And the difference in duration between a 9% 30-yr > note and a 9% 100-yr note is? (Ans: Too lazy to > figure out that it is about 6 hours). the note is actualy 10% the diff between a 30yr and a 99yr is 0.5 yrs duration