Technical Analysis - Volume 1 - Quant

I am having difficulties ‘learning’ all the different testings, charts, graphs, indicators etc… Anyone have any tips on how they are managing to remember them… I don’t think its a topic worthy to spend a lot of time on, but just wondered if there’s some acronym, or method to easier handle these badboys. Thanks

I’d laugh and cry if they ask a question to calculate the stochastic oscillator or relative strength index without giving the formula. Wouldn’t surprise me though if they ask a question on the Fibonacci numbers or Elliot waves. There are so many more important things in quant that it seems unlikely to me that they’d give it any huge emphasis. Got to be ready for anything though.

same here buddy I hate that topic…

I’m not going to spend too much time on it. Just trying to remember all those indicators (definitions, what they mean, how they work, resistance, support, etc…) and all that contrarian stuff… Calculating stochastics and stuff… not going to even look at it. Thanks

I doubt we’ll b asked to calculate anything, but I’m sure well see questions on applying their meanings, eg overbought/oversold conditions

spreads Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I doubt we’ll b asked to calculate anything, but > I’m sure well see questions on applying their > meanings, eg overbought/oversold conditions Thats what I am thinking… Just got to figure out a way how to remember all those indicators/rules/lines/levels etc…

The Schweser texts mention that we are NOT responsible for calculating Oscillators etc… Just knowing the terms is fine.