Ten things i hate about the CFA level 1

steph96 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 16. The fact that my friends and family keep > saying “Of course you’ll pass!” like it’s a > freakin’ mid-term or something. That’s why I dont even let any of my friends know.

steph96 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 16. The fact that my friends and family keep > saying “Of course you’ll pass!” like it’s a > freakin’ mid-term or something. im so with you there. everyone just assumes cos ive worked so hard that ill nail it. if only some of my mates understood!! a few more. 22. the quality of the CFA website - guys if your reading this fire your web designer! 23. this is the biggest thing for me - the fact that the one of the mocks (i think mock 1?) had trivial pursuit questions like the okun gap and hotelling principle, when they werent even mentioned in the LOSs!! ill be pissed if stuff like that shows up on the exam good thread zero. its great to vent

#22 should move up to #1

djjk1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > steph96 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > 16. The fact that my friends and family keep > > saying “Of course you’ll pass!” like it’s a > > freakin’ mid-term or something. > > im so with you there. everyone just assumes cos > ive worked so hard that ill nail it. if only some > of my mates understood!! a few more. > > > 22. the quality of the CFA website - guys if your > reading this fire your web designer! > > 23. this is the biggest thing for me - the fact > that the one of the mocks (i think mock 1?) had > trivial pursuit questions like the okun gap and > hotelling principle, when they werent even > mentioned in the LOSs!! ill be pissed if stuff > like that shows up on the exam > > > good thread zero. its great to vent Because of their staged database updates I was able to recieve early results for both LI and LII

steph96 Wrote: > Definitely too shiny. And what’s up with the book > jackets? They look likely they should be books > about biology or geology. I hate those books with > a passion right now. It wasn’t until now that I actually looked at the covers of the books, and yes you are right they do look pretty crap. That said I am glad that they didn’t go and make some fancy fancy cover and change me an extra $20 for the privilege. Then again I probably am paying for some crappy picture of old mates bamboo.

24 - That i waited until I had learnt all the horrible formuls for correlation, sd, variance etc before realising my calculator can do it (thanks http://www.geocities.com/calculatorhelp/tibaiiplus.htm)

hahaaah the pages are really shiny

and hair smells like coffee after sitting in starbucks for too long!!! also i’m getting bags under my eyes and i’m only in my mid 20’s!!! i need my beauty sleep but even when i slp i keep on having nightmares about coming across a question that i dont know how to do. it’s awesome

toronto_1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > and hair smells like coffee after sitting in > starbucks for too long!!! > > also i’m getting bags under my eyes and i’m only > in my mid 20’s!!! > i need my beauty sleep but even when i slp i keep > on having nightmares about coming across a > question that i dont know how to do. it’s awesome I don’t know how you do it – study at Starbucks that is. I have to have absolute quiet to focus. That’s why I go to the law library at the university in my city. No one is allowed to make noise, everyone is serious… now wonder lawyers are unhappy :wink:

yaoyao Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > steph96 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > 16. The fact that my friends and family keep > > saying “Of course you’ll pass!” like it’s a > > freakin’ mid-term or something. > > > That’s why I dont even let any of my friends know. I told everyone I was taking it in June, and hated to be asked a zillion times… “when do you get the results?” “did you pass?” So… 25- Having to tell people that you failed. This time around… just very few people know I am registered… Others think I am insanely busy at work :wink:

> > > I don’t know how you do it – study at Starbucks > that is. I have to have absolute quiet to focus. > That’s why I go to the law library at the > university in my city. No one is allowed to make > noise, everyone is serious… now wonder lawyers > are unhappy :wink: i study at libraries too…but i enjoy starbucks more because: 1. noise keeps me awake and i cant start sleeping on the table when im tired cus starbucks will just kick me out thinking im a bum 2. i cant start staring into space like an idiot for hours if im tired 3. coffee and tea keeps me up, and i can chew on sth when i am dosing off basically it just keeps me awake :slight_smile: althou their food SUCKS.

steph96 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 16. The fact that my friends and family keep > saying “Of course you’ll pass!” like it’s a > freakin’ mid-term or something. I totally agree!!! I think they make it worst.

1. Your girl/wife dumping you on top of everything.

make ur girl friend study with you. i forced my bf to study with me although he’s not in finance.

toronto_1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > make ur girl friend study with you. i forced my bf > to study with me although he’s not in finance. [] Awesome girlfriend [x] cruelest move ever

lol c’mon! misery loves company :stuck_out_tongue:

1. Microsoft excel is in first place in my list of favourite programs on my home computer

toronto_1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > make ur girl friend study with you. i forced my bf > to study with me although he’s not in finance. You can force your BF, but a guy can’t force a girl to do that when she knows shes pretty.

pretty girls like to study too…studying is fun!!! not trying to be ironic

Yeah I’d have to agree with #25 having to tell everyone that you failed, it’s not even an option this time - i gotta pass