Ten things i hate about the CFA level 1

39 - people saying its only “level 1” 40 - fact that L2 is only allowed in June, so you waste like a fkin year rather than lose 6 months - why why why?!! 41 - crucial questions on “quintiles”, npv, irr, how to toast bread etc rather than wot people actually spent time on … hypo testing, mine, I am still “hungover” from the exam… going back to work today was like… fks ppl asking me “so how was your week off?”… “go anywhere nice?”… respectfully, pls fk off.

lol ha ha. This one lady that I work with kept saying, “have a nice vacation”, “at least you’re gonna be on vacation next week”. I seriously told her like 10 times that it’s not vacation, dumb lady lol

> 8 - That i still don’t know what an amortisiation > spreadsheet on my BA 11211 plus professionally > ethical calculatron is This made me laugh. i wish i took a week of for L1. work made me travel the week before the exam, and i had to f’n pull all nighters to be able to study and finish my work.

cfaAnalyst08 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 41 - crucial questions on “quintiles” i had no idea how to do that quintile question, i totally forgot. i tried some random formula and i kept getting a number way larger than the four choices so i just went for whatever, i don’t remember.

Same here. I didnt even know what quintile means, let alone the formula. I ended up choosing 6.1, and after checking the book, I think I guessed it right.

yaoyao Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Same here. I didnt even know what quintile means, > let alone the formula. I ended up choosing 6.1, > and after checking the book, I think I guessed it > right. was that the largest choice given? i can’t remember what i chose. i could only remember little bits and pieces of information, and that i got it wrong. :smiley:

Aren’t quintiles just 100% broken up into 1/5ths? Just like quartiles are 100% broken up into quarters…?

I can’t believe it has only been a year since I sat L1, man, it seems like at least 2 years have flashed by since then! crazy year for all.

yea broken into 5’s. you had to take 2 numbers and add them and divide by 2. I think 6.1 was correct.

I totally blanked out on the quintiles one too!! all I had was an image of this formula I read at 4am night before the exam, right hand side on schweser, bottom of the page … then it went all fuzzy, guess my caffeine wasnt “grade 1” to bring back that screenshot from my brain, buffer overflow… Div by zero… I think I got a value between 5.7 and 6.1 using a “lets go with 75% cuz thats all I remember from that page rationale” , was there a 5.9?.. as JP said 6.1 is correct, I must have screwed it. oh well… another one to the list!

42 - That this thread has become another opportunity to discuss quintiles (a question i of course got wrong). 43 - That Quintiles were on the exam.

44 - that the percentile formula uses (n+1) and NOT (n-1) fuck it

yaoyao Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Same here. I didnt even know what quintile means, > let alone the formula. I ended up choosing 6.1, > and after checking the book, I think I guessed it > right. I totally knew how to do this kinda question. Except that I misread “quintile” as “quartile”. I really don’t know why. Maybe I need new glasses. SIGH

Good, everyone got that one wrong. So we dont have to worry about it.

hueler Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > yaoyao Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Same here. I didnt even know what quintile > means, > > let alone the formula. I ended up choosing > 6.1, > > and after checking the book, I think I guessed > it > > right. > > > I totally knew how to do this kinda question. > Except that I misread “quintile” as “quartile”. I > really don’t know why. Maybe I need new glasses. > SIGH There is a couple versions of test. mine was #1010. I also read 3d _quartile_ (75% percentile). btw, shouldnt we use n+1 only if n is even number?

pashuha00 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > hueler Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > yaoyao Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > Same here. I didnt even know what quintile > > means, > > > let alone the formula. I ended up choosing > > 6.1, > > > and after checking the book, I think I > guessed > > it > > > right. > > > > > > I totally knew how to do this kinda question. > > Except that I misread “quintile” as “quartile”. > I > > really don’t know why. Maybe I need new > glasses. > > SIGH > > There is a couple versions of test. mine was > #1010. I also read 3d _quartile_ (75% percentile). > btw, shouldnt we use n+1 only if n is even number? If it really was “quartile” in my version of the test (please please let it be!) then what I did was just find the .75 point between the 2nd and 3rd number (60th and 80th respectively) in the tables (since the values were from big to small). I remember getting a number that was specifically on of the answer options. Oh well no use stewing over it anymore, i’ll never find out if I got that one right for sure. I just want to pass!

I had the same hueler. It was one specific answer from the options :wink:

Mine said Quintile

45 - the proctors walking around telling everyone to get back into the testing room when there is actually 40 more minutes before they start passing out the afternoon portion 46 - the proctors saying “I will read you the directions soon”… to which I had no choice but to reply after a long silence… … “how soon?”

DarkObliv Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 45 - the proctors walking around telling everyone > to get back into the testing room when there is > actually 40 more minutes before they start passing > out the afternoon portion > > 46 - the proctors saying “I will read you the > directions soon”… to which I had no choice but > to reply after a long silence… … “how soon?” Yes those are so true! I got to the exam location at 8:10am and when I tried to just run through my flashcards one more time the proctor came up to me and said “You need to check in, you shouldn’t be studying now” like she had any idea how hard this exam is!!! 47-That I know people who have passed this exam who are completely incompetent, yet they look at me like I’m an idiot because I didn’t pass in June. 48-That there are whole chapters in the text books that weren’t even on the exam. Like no z-test, yet they can somehow include a question that came from a sentence that included the words “you will not be expected to know this for the exam” are you kidding me!