Texas election - White guy wins after leading voters to believe he’s black

You gotta do what you gotta do to win. Vince Lombardi would be proud.

Is there any other country in the developed world where it isn’t safe to walk in the street at 4am? I didn’t think it was that bad for you guys.

I can walk down my street at 4 am with no fear of being assaulted.

Of course it depends on the city and that part of town you are in, but in my city if you are alone and walking downtown, there’s an 80% chance you’re going to get mugged.

Including my wife and I, I know 11 people who have visited Madrid in the last 10 years and 4 of them (2 couples) were mugged while they were there.

I wouldn’t want to be out wandering around my hometown in Canada at 4 am. When I lived there it wasn’t terribly uncommon to have people get their beer stolen when coming out of the beer vendor.

Granted I’ve also walked 8 miles across New Orleans at 3 am before. So we’ll file that one under the lets not do this again category.

My fiance was mugged in Spain a few years back.

I should clarify that one of the muggings was an attempted mugging, my friend ended up beating the piss out of the dude. Note to potential muggers - avoid short stocky guys from Arkansas.

I think it’s a mistake to not vote because you don’t feel qualified to do so. The fact you are intelligent and modest enough to grasp this concept indicates that you are exactly who needs to be voting.

Go ahead to choose not to vote. You know who still will vote? Religious fundamentalist, Tea Party activists and utopian, PETA funding, leftist vegetarians. Especially the dumb ones. Have fun with an eventual extremist super majority or more perpetual gridlock. I don’t want to just resign and hope it gets so bad that eventually there is a revolution.

Well, hopefully these two will cancel each other out and what we’ll have left is an educated, unbiased voter base. LOFL

In reality, though, I think that the Democrats will continue to win, simply because they’re giving so many handouts that they’re essentially buying votes. More and more people are becoming dependent on the government tit. (Not that Republicans are immune to buying votes, but they’re not nearly as good at it as the Democrats are.)

Republicans aren’t adjusting to the new demographics. Voters are not only old white men anymore.

Leading democratic candidates for 2016 - Joe Biden (old as dirt white guy) and Hillary Clinton (old as dirt white guy). Are they hoping to win over typical republican voters?

Two things:

1. Dems have already put Obama in the White House. On demographics, they are set for a generation. First mover advantage and anything the Reps do now on the diversity front looks like fake me-too stuff.

2. When Reps diss Hillary and call her a man it makes them sound like ignorant bigots. This is true no matter the justification or reason for not liking H-dog. It’s terrible PR. When they attack her policies or something specific that they don’t like the criticm is much more effective.

All in all, Rep party probably needs to self-destruct a bit, really hit rock bottom and then rise like a phoenix when the Dems get too much control and screw things up.

Like Chris Rock once said, the only black people that ever voted for George W Bush are in his cabinet.

Don’t democrats ever get tired of proving that they don’t have a sense of humor?

How is this different for Sarah Palin? The media attacks on her were pretty ignorant, too.

Admittedly, Sarah Palin is a dumb btch who is easy on the eyes, while Hillary is a smart woman who…well…

According to democrats:

Making fun of Bush = Okay

Making fun of Obama = RACIST

Making fun of Hilary Clinton = SEXIST

Making fun of Michelle Obama = BOTH

One thing is certain: his reelection campaign strategy will be different from his previous strategy.

Maybe it was the quality of the joke;)

The reason it is different is because most of the criticisms of Palin were based on her being unprepared and dumb, which are important for any candidate. So, no bad PR there. Calling Hillary a man or ugly or whatever sounds like a pretty ignorant, cheap blow. Also, it does sound sexist, because you never hear people talk about how ugly Dick Cheney or Al Gore or any other man are. Maybe they say a guy is fat (Christie) when he is really obese, but not ugly.