Thanks for deleting that thread.I will never post on WC again unless someone mentions me in thier comments.

Ya it does not…all of them are criminals…she was a married women cheating on her husband…she wanted to sleep in a crime prone area with a criminal …it just increases the probablity of her getting assaulted…perhaps she should have been a little careful.

^ so it’s her fault?

Cheating is bad, but there could be any number of reasons why people cheat, maybe the husband beats her. You make it sound like she got what she deserved. Just because it’s a crime-prone area and i’m going on a date with a criminal doesn’t mean I should expect to get gang-raped. Well, I guess evidently in india, I should.

Just like i said.

It is 99.99% rapist’s fault.

you are claiming a boardmember edited your original post, added a picture, and then added " AM RAHUL ROY, HEAR ME ROAR!!! " ??

First, FT is not a boardmember. Second,

It’s getting harder and harder to tolerate you, RR, much less justify your existence here.

yes

If i could i would have deleted my account on AF.Any ways i am not going to post any new threads in WC.I will only reply if i am quoted in a comment.

AF has helped me make some very good friends (i won’t disclose their names).They are friends with me on facebook and linkedin as well.Those people understand me and i don’t need any thing else from AF.

Even if i get banned i will still remain in contacts with my friends via whatsap/fb.

SEcond:I know FT is not a boardmember.

The fact that this guy baited us into mentioning his name so he could revive the topic is actually making me laugh. Up until now, I just notice that certain names keep showing up and helping me out with my material, but I never actually noticed that we had a troll on the forum. This is amusing.

In order to be fair to RR:

If a married woman is going on a date and plans to fck another dude, that’s bad. If said dude is a known criminal and she’s in an area she knows to be a crime-ridden area, then my sympathy factor also starts to go waaaay down.

To make an analogy, if I were to dress up in my klansman robe and walk through Compton in the middle of the night, I’m sure we all know what the result would be–a dead (possibly mutilated and dismembered) Greenman. And most of you would say, “Well, he had it coming.” And I’m sure none of you would feel terribly sorry for me.

I’m not saying she *deserved* it, or that she *asked* for it. But let’s face the facts–if she had used one ounce of common sense, she probably wouldn’t be in this position. And it’s hard to feel sorry for a morally bankrupt, willfully ignorant individual who goes out of her way to cheat on her husband and put herself in physical danger.

Thanks.

You are much better than that :).

Sexual assault is a global problem despite what media sensationalism would like us to believe.

+1

WRT Isildurr’s picture:

This is pure conjecture. But it seems like the US might have a higher number of rapes because there’s a lot of “buyer’s remorse”. Whether there’s as much “buyer’s remorse” in other countries, I don’t know.

Plus, most of the rapes in the US that I read about are “date rapes”. Most of the rapes I read about in India are gang rapes where the victim is brutally beaten, sodomized, then killed. Not exactly the same thing.

The definition of rape or sexual assault in the US is very different than India. If I have sex with a drunk woman in California, that is considered sexual assault/rape. Is the same true in India? Then there is statutory rape. A 21 year old male has sex with a 17 year old female and that is rape. Would that even be reported in India? Another thing to consider is frequency of reports. Western countries have a higher rate of police reporting.

Also, what Greenman said is also right.

Anyways, what RR said was pretty stupid. I wish he would just morph back into Nana

I’m willing to view RR’s issue as a poor choice of words that made his post sound more shrill to the rest of us than he intended. What it sounded like to us seemed to justify the reaction that RR got, but I don’t think he truly meant it that way; I think he meant it more along the lines of GreenMan’s translation, which is that it’s a terrible thing hat happened to her, but it’s a little bit harder to feel sorry for her given 1) that she was trying to cheat on her husband , 2) a lot of general common sense would say “don’t do this” even if she weren’t cheating. None of this justifies what happened to her, but it does make you wonder “Girl, what were you thinking???”

My understanding is that RR is not a native English speaker, even though his English is pretty good, and perhaps he didn’t have a good feel for how his statement would be received. It’s also possible that that kind of logic is more common where RR lives, and so it isn’t as clear to him why that way of saying things is generated such a reaction here. For that, this is hopefully a learning experience for RR. All of us have said things from time to time that get misinterpreted as more intense than we meant them.

I’d just add that cheating on a spouse is not always completely unjustifiable in my mind. Sometimes there is spousal neglect, abuse, incapacity, the other partner cheating already, etc. and the other partner has little choice other than to cheat or spend a life neglected or abused. In general, the honorable thing to do is to dissolve the marriage and then look for a partner anew, but many times this is not feasible because divorce is illegal, the society is set up to make he woman so dependent on the man that divorce is insanely risky. If the initial marriage was an arranged marriage, it is likely that divorce is not a realistic option. Thus, I would need more context to make a moral judgement on how bad the cheating is. It does sound like running to a place known for criminality and that sort of thing isn’t smart, but it might also be a sign of desperation.

It seems from what I’ve read about India and rape that it’s much more common to blame the women regardless of the situation. His attitude just reflects that. Whether western countries have more rapes or not, as a society we don’t turn it into something negative on the victim.

Said the guy who posted an article about a woman getting brutally gang raped and said she deserved it. Btw, you posted earlier to a comment that did not mention you…I thought you said you wouldnt do that…stand by your word please, and if banning doesnt affect you, why you get so mad bruh?

Or he’s just a troll. Even if he had clearly and concisely articulated his point, what’s the point of posting it here?

“Yo guys! Check out yet another story about a woman being raped in India. Now, I’m not saying it’s her fault (wink), but a busted ho that cheats on her beau should be more careful. Everyone knows how rapey that neighborhood is.”

No matter how you frame it, it’s another India rape thread. It was obvious race baiting and we (I especially) bit hard. How the thread played out was unfortunate, but the offense on OP’s part was posting it to begin with. You’re giving him way too much benefit of the doubt.

Neanderthal attitudes to rape exist everywhere and the hallowed halls of Ivy league colleges are as dangerous for women as villages in *insert backward 3’rd world nation*

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/10/26/1150447/-The-GOP-Rape-Advisory-Chart-Volume-III#

It was poor judgement to post it. I prefer Ohai’s news tidbits (though he’s stopped posting).

RR seems young and inexperienced to me. I liked him a little better when he seemed more naive and New Age-y., posting giant GIF files of charts from McKinsey publications. I get the sense he’s trying to develop a more tough BSD-type persona and just trying to find his way around here.

But we all have a road to slog in figuring out what persona works for us, and there are false turns here and there. In this day and age of Internet social networks, the false turns are all just a little more public. As long as this is a false turn, and not a long-term trajectory, I think it’s better to cut some people a little slack as they find their way and explain why we didn’t like what we just saw.