The 2015 Fantasy Football Thread

Since Ben and I both finished 10-4, does that make the tie breaker for “Best Regular Season Record” points? Or do we split that bonus pool?

Also, is “Highest Point Total” inclusive of playoffs?

I would say the best record pot should be split but the highest point total needs to be regular season only as teams in the playoffs would have an unfair advantage over the rest of us. (Not that it matters in our case as Ben outscored all of us this year)

Ka-blam-oh

Ben advances with a 147 to 80 victory vs. Geo

R3 advances with a 172 to 122 victory vs. Bankin’

Championship:

#1 Seed: Ben There Raped That vs. #2 Seed: Roberto’s Red Rocket

Ben’s Lineup:

QB: Carson Palmer

WR1: Antonio Brown

WR2: Alshon Jeffery

RB1: Lamar Miller

RB2: Devonta Freeman

TE: Antonio Gates

FLEX: Doug Baldwin

K: Chris Boswell

DST: Kansas City

R3’s Lineup:

QB: Cam Newton

WR1: Allen Robinson

WR2: Mike Evans

RB1: Deangelo Williams

RB2: David Johnson

TE: Travis Kelce

FLEX: Demaryius Thomas

K: Graham Gano

DST: Carolina

Yahoo has Ben favored 128 to 126.

Arizona winning last week was huge for fantasy owners with Carolina players. I know Riverboat Ron is considering resting players in some fashion.

As a Cam owner it’d be nice if Atlanta could put up some sort of fight but they might sneakily be one of the worst teams in the league at this point.

Injuries have killed me in the last week. I’m toast. 4th place finish ahead.

Victory!

Congrats Roberto! I’ll work on figuring out how to pay out the winners on Yahoo. Not sure I have that capability as assistant commish, but I’ll get in touch with Numi if needed.

I got killed by playoff injuries. Damn.

Congrats, Roberto! This year was a war of attrition.

That’s no joke…my two starting RBs (Deangelo Williams and David Johnson – who were probably the biggest reason I was able to win) both came off the waiver wire mid way through the season.

Well earned win. It seems like the RB position was just brutal this year. I finished the year with Cameron Artis-Payne and Charles Sims as my two leading rushers… what a mess. Started with McCoy, Hyde and JStew.

And wow did I make some awful picks. I paid $25 for Andre Johnson… yet only $11 for Marshall. Wow. $5 for Larry Fitzgerald was a good steal.

I learned my lesson the last few years. I am no longer going to draft RBs. My strategy going forward is going heavy on WRs and QBs with one solid TE. Half the teams lose their RBs due to injury or lack of performace.

^ The downside to that strategy is there is a few dozen elite WRs but only a few elite RBs.

My strategy is dependent on being able to pick up off waivers at least one RB such as Deangelo, David Johnson, Freeman or West.

There is no perfect strategy for sure. WRs are less injury prone and more reliable.

I’m currently looking at the draft results in my pool this year. Lacy, Peterson, Lynch, Charles and Bell were the top 5 picks, all RBs and all considered elite. One panned out (Peterson). I’m looking at the next RBs selected (CJ Anderson, Hill, Demarco Murray, Mccoy, Forte). None panned out. It wasn’t as bad last season for RBs, but not too far off. I remember being able to pick up off waivers guys like CJ Anderson and Jeremy Hill and winning my pool.

On a sidenote, I’m looking at the RBs rushing yds this season, only 4 have gained more than 1,000 yds and Darren McFadden is the 5th RB with the most rushing yds this season! This is a long term trend. 15 years ago, 67% of plays were rushes and 33% were passes. Now, it’s the exact opposite.

Going into the second week of my Championship matchup, I am 5 points ahead but both Gurley & AP didnt practice yesterday and I am a little scared. Swapped in cutler for Carr, worried about big ben also.

My WR’s all have easy matchups with Julio at the saints gonna go for 20pts (in a non PPR league) Demaryius Thomas at the Chargers, & DeAndre Hopkins at Jags so they should all have a great day.