The Black Swan

I got this audiobook from the library and I am very impressed with it thus far. Since my job is a bit redundant, I can work while listening to music. I got the bright idea to pick up an audiobook and learn a thing or two on the job. Has anyone else read this book? Does this author have a decent reputation?

Taleb is very well known, and entertaining, if a bit redundant. But you said your job is redundant, so maybe he fits right in. :wink: Is it narrated by him, or does someone else read it out loud.

yes… i think it’s boring and kind of common sense stuff. but that’s just me.

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Taleb is very well known, and entertaining, if a > bit redundant. But you said your job is > redundant, so maybe he fits right in. :wink: > > Is it narrated by him, or does someone else read > it out loud. I believe it is someone else. Today was the first time I’ve heard of the man. The library in my area allows one to download audiobooks and that title/description caught my interest. It sure gives my brain something to take in besides the monotonous operational work.

Taleb has a pretty heavy accent so I doubt he is reading the book on the tape.

its the worst book i’ve ever read. hes a probability phd and he trashes mathematicians and nobel laureates. all his books for publicity anyway.

Did you ever read Dianetics?

“…on the tape”…Geez…must be some oldster.

Read “the misbehavior of markets” by mandlebrot next. It is the same ideas but more logically presented than taleb books