the box containing your answer sheets left Ghana, it was not returned to CFA Institute by the shipping agent. We do not have your answer sheets and cannot grade your December 2010 CFA exam at this time

yodacaia Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Its a tough situation. You cant entirely blame > cfai for a box being stolen off the delivery > truck, say, or a fire in the storage warehouse or > whatever happened. At the same time, is there > really an excuse for the cfai to completely ignore > technology in the digital age, and have physical > answer sheets shipped all over the world, graded > by scan trons as if this is the 1950’s? and how expensive do you think it would be to put hundreds of thousands of computers in rooms just for the test? not going to happen. especially in places like NYC or CHI that can have 5000+ for each test, not to mention these computers will more than likely only be used once a year (twice for L1)…too expensive and i dont see it happening.

What you do is you stagger the tests. For example, CAIA gives you a two week window in which you can take the test whenever you want. You dont have everyone taking the test at the exact same moment, obviously.

^and you dont need expensive computers. Everything can be done online. For the series 7 exam, you get your results instantly at the end of the test. The gmat results come very quickly. Only the CFA is using 60 year old technology, and for what they charge they really have no excuse.

In order to do what you are saying, the CFAI would have to open up the test to a company like Pearson Vue or the like and allow candidates to take the test multiple times during the year. Also, their Agnoff method for determining a minimum passing score would have to be thrown out. I can see your argument about them not using updated technology, but that would not work for a test of this sort.

Works for the CPA, and far more people take the CPA than the CFA.

This is ridiculous. They should all be given a pass. I am waiting for my result and would have no problem if they were all passed. So much time and effort, id ask to be paid for all the hours i put into it in addition to the reimbursements if they were not gonna pass me

yodacaia Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Works for the CPA, and far more people take the > CPA than the CFA. Doesnt the CPA have a set score such as 70% to pass? You can also take the CPA tests at any time. Again, this just supports the fact that it would only work for a test where the dates were opened up, have multiple testing places, and throw out the Agnoff method of setting a MPS.

All of which would be positive changes.

yodacaia Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > All of which would be positive changes. Hell no it wouldnt…see my post in the general discussion

has the CFAI posted anything o their website? I dont think they did as I havent seen anything. They need to address this issue - and not in a bloomberg article… those candidates should be awarded a pass.

They cant just pass all of those candidates, I dont think that is appropriate. For example, should someone who barely studied and failed miserably be able to claim that they passed L1 on their resume on or in an interview?

It’s just scandalous !!! Why do they wait so long before communicating this information ? They don’t have a specific deadline to check and make sure that they have received sheet from everywhere ? Allow them to take the exam again in February is good, as they still have things they learnt for december 2010 fresh in their mind. However, they should also push their L2 exam date in July for example. and they should also waived their fees for their L2 exam. WTF, it’s always in Africa that this kind of things happen ??? scandalous !!!

yodacaia Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > They cant just pass all of those candidates, I dont think that is appropriate. Plus, this would create incentives to hijack UPS trucks on the day of CFA exams. Sure, most people would not consider such an action, but some CFA candidates are… well, they scare me.

^LOL! I would happily hijack UPS trucks for L2 & L3 rather than the ~500-600 hours I have committed for the two exams. Hysterical!

They were probably waiting to see if they could locate the exams, hence late response. But to offer a re-take of the exam on Feb 5th?! That’s only a couple weeks away, and I am sure most of these candidates havent even studied over the past 6 weeks. Is two weeks enough to prepare and take the exam again? Probably not, especially considering the ‘shock’ most of these candidates are going through right now. I agree with the other posts that they should offer L2 in December for these candidates.

I found the exams! http://www.brandhype.org/albums/castaway/CastAway_2000_34_001.sized.jpg

yodacaia Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > They cant just pass all of those candidates, I > dont think that is appropriate. For example, > should someone who barely studied and failed > miserably be able to claim that they passed L1 on > their resume on or in an interview? On the other hand, there is no partial pass - saying that you passed L1 is not really a big thing if you fail L2. One option would be that the Ghana candidates would all get a L1 pass on the condition that they pass L2 by June 2012. In other words, everyone’s L1 is pending until they pass L2. Those who had not put enough effort on L1 would probably fail L2 anyway.

I concur

I concur shootingstar Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > yodacaia Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > They cant just pass all of those candidates, I > > dont think that is appropriate. For example, > > should someone who barely studied and failed > > miserably be able to claim that they passed L1 > on > > their resume on or in an interview? > > On the other hand, there is no partial pass - > saying that you passed L1 is not really a big > thing if you fail L2. > > One option would be that the Ghana candidates > would all get a L1 pass on the condition that they > pass L2 by June 2012. In other words, everyone’s > L1 is pending until they pass L2. Those who had > not put enough effort on L1 would probably fail L2 > anyway.

Terrible! Just imagine we were at the same situation! So unfair to all those candidate, especially who did it good and should have passed. Will be extra painful if for some reason (stressed, busy, ill…) they fail in the next exam. They can’t not just say sorry and ask the candidate to do it again.