The countdown to 27 Jan '10 begins

Would a band 10 really make you feel better or worse about failing?

Robert A Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If you score Band 10, will you request a review of > your exam results? No! Because for a crazy fee you’ll only get a shot of less than 0.1% chance to change your score

^ agree

Well, I’d feel better than, say, Band 7. 10 says, “hey, you were close, give it another shot.” 7 implies there are quite a few corpses above you in the grave. akshayj Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Would a band 10 really make you feel better or > worse about failing?

id feel worse. reminds me of the time during A level, when i missed the A in math by just 1 point. I felt really bad, i could have scored that easily …dont want it to be the same w CFA

You’d feel better in a lower band? Seems to me that a lower score is even more discouraging (that is, unless you don’t plan to continue). sundusg_ Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > id feel worse. > reminds me of the time during A level, when i > missed the A in math by just 1 point. I felt > really bad, i could have scored that easily …dont > want it to be the same w CFA

i’ll feel bad about ALMOST making it but then failing with a little margin.

I guess it depends on how you feel about you preparation. If you think you did your best studying and reviewing, you’d want a band 10 so you know you just have to tweak a few things as opposed to band 6 where you might not be cut out for it. If you half-heartedly studied and crammed subjects, you’d rather a band 6, because a band 10 means your laziness kept you out. A band 6 is a wake-up call. Just my take.

16 days to go…

I can’t say I would feel worse either way. Band 10 or band 7, either way you failed and you have a hard decision to make whether to retake or whether the CFA just isn’t you.

Good luck everyone, all our hard work comes to fruition in 2 weeks

cfagoal2 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Good luck everyone, all our hard work comes to > fruition in 2 weeks or not, depending on the result. Ahhhhhh the wait is killing me

14 days to go…

beyiyi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 14 days to go… … and the “FAIL” dreams/nightmares are just kicking in!!!

If I had gotten another 2 weeks to study, I could have been more confident about my result… Now I hate to rely on luck… :frowning: Wish you all the very best!

Reach for the moon, and even if you miss, you might land on a star!

… it can’t be long to go now …

10…9…

Are those the failure bands you’re expecting? :slight_smile: beyiyi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 10…9…

Started studying for L2 about 2 weeks ago. So much to learn!