The countdown to 27 Jan '10 begins

Are those the failure bands you’re expecting? :slight_smile: beyiyi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 10…9… - Robert -------------------------------------------------------- Nah, was just counting down the number of days left…

one more week…

The last couple of weeks went by pretty quick. I have a feeling the next week will drag.

Guys, I have software engineering background, but I want to switch to Finance…gave my level 1 in Dec…I hope I pass on Jan 27. I am not able to find jobs in Finance due to my background in IT. Any suggestions from anyone? I just completed my MBA in Finance…but couldn’t get a job on campus…due to lack of visa sponsorship…any suggestions on job finding?

1 week and 2 hours to go…

I was wondering if I should take a day off from work on the 27th, just to get the results in the comfort of my house. Any suggestions? what y’all doing that day

perplexed_cfa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Guys, > > I have software engineering background, but I want > to switch to Finance…gave my level 1 in Dec…I > hope I pass on Jan 27. I am not able to find jobs > in Finance due to my background in IT. Any > suggestions from anyone? I just completed my MBA > in Finance…but couldn’t get a job on campus…due > to lack of visa sponsorship…any suggestions on > job finding? It’s hard to find a finance job in this market without experience. Try to gain entry in a job where there’s finance IT mix and move on to your dream job from there. for example look for systems analyst in financial institutions or financial software related jobs - gain some experience in the business - network with trading/operations desks and gain entry. Good luck.

beyiyi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I was wondering if I should take a day off from > work on the 27th, just to get the results in the > comfort of my house. Any suggestions? what y’all > doing that day I took it off - a co-worker recommended that (he’s taking the actuarial exams, and wiin or lose, it can be very emotional as I understand it).

Less than one week! Wow…my hands are shaking while i am writing this. Going on a vacation on 3rd Feb. I hope I enjoy with a “pass” at the back of my head.

When you realize having passed the level 1 of CFA will make absolutely very little difference in your attractiveness as a candidate in the job market (versus a much more important variable, the supply of more qualified candidates than yourself willing to work for less), you quickly realize you shouldn’t worry too much about the result. Worst case, you take it 6 months later with less groundwork preparation to do.

VR Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > perplexed_cfa Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Guys, > > > > I have software engineering background, but I > want > > to switch to Finance…gave my level 1 in > Dec…I > > hope I pass on Jan 27. I am not able to find > jobs > > in Finance due to my background in IT. Any > > suggestions from anyone? I just completed my > MBA > > in Finance…but couldn’t get a job on > campus…due > > to lack of visa sponsorship…any suggestions on > > job finding? > > It’s hard to find a finance job in this market > without experience. Try to gain entry in a job > where there’s finance IT mix and move on to your > dream job from there. > > for example look for systems analyst in financial > institutions or financial software related jobs - > gain some experience in the business - network > with trading/operations desks and gain entry. Good > luck. Nah, it’s just the level 1 results, no reason to take a day off just for it.

I personally don’t want to think about the “countdown.” I already went through last November and early December. In fact, I’m not even calendaring the date. I’ll wait to see how all you guys do, and then I’ll log on to get my results.

6 days to go…

Personally, pass or fail is not a big deal to me. I will eventually pass. Its everyone asking and having to tell them no “i failed” that scares me.

This is killing me! I started studying for L2 at the beginning of the month and have been quite diligent so far (finished quant, econ, and equity)…but the closer the 27th comes, the harder i find it to study. I keep thinking that I might as well wait until next wednesday…and I am getting really nervous! The fact taht I actually studied quite a lot for L1 makes it worse in a way - in case I failed I can’t even blame it on lack of perparation!!!

5 days to go…

Perplexed…keep the faith. Take a look at this: http://www.analyticrecruiting.com/list_job.asp?job_id=16021&category=&utm_source=Indeed&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=Indeed

406analyst Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Personally, pass or fail is not a big deal to me. > I will eventually pass. Its everyone asking and > having to tell them no “i failed” that scares me. this is exactly it. for me it’s by far the worst part. cuz i know i’ll pass in june with more preparation…but telling everyone I failed until then… *siiigh*

jono85 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 406analyst Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Personally, pass or fail is not a big deal to > me. > > I will eventually pass. Its everyone asking > and > > having to tell them no “i failed” that scares > me. > > > this is exactly it. for me it’s by far the worst > part. cuz i know i’ll pass in june with more > preparation…but telling everyone I failed until > then… *siiigh* It’s especially worse when you have to tell people at work. It can have a detrimental effect on your career in the short run. Me? I’ve been completely ignoring the fact I wrote Level 1 and am keeping it that way as long as possible.

One has to wonder why they couldn’t just give you some kind of numerical score with a comment that “XX” is passing. Why use the word “failure” at all. The CPA exame does it that way.