the economic cycle and the pass rate on the CFA Level 2

jjenkins Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > soddy1979 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Go away please. > > +1 +2

DSLHU, have you ever been on Jerry Springer?

I had to google in order to get an approach to what are you talking about. Do you mean his America’s got talant?

4Tay Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > jjenkins Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > soddy1979 Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > Go away please. > > > > +1 > > > +2 +2 -11 === -9

ummmmm…yeah

Do you hint my fail worth prime time?

DSLHU Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Do you hint my fail worth prime time? You are just telling the problems, you must suggest solutions.

I am searching the forum and got to the year 2007 during one week (I started from 2005). Lot’s of solutions was suggested, I am checking what made a good job (since in 2009 I know who passed/failed after any strutegies offered. I will post my results shortly.

Could it be that CFAI increased L1 pass rates to keep candidates interested in the program during these economic times, knowing that once they get to L2 these candidates will be on the hook for at least 2-3 more attempts, i.e. more money to CFAI? CFAI then lowered the pass rates for L2 and L3 to keep charter counts down thus keeping more candidates in the program (unless they drop out). L2 pass rate was the third lowest on record and L3 was the lowest ever! Just a theory.

cfachi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Could it be that CFAI increased L1 pass rates to > keep candidates interested in the program during > these economic times, knowing that once they get > to L2 these candidates will be on the hook for at > least 2-3 more attempts, i.e. more money to CFAI? > CFAI then lowered the pass rates for L2 and L3 to > keep charter counts down thus keeping more > candidates in the program (unless they drop out). > L2 pass rate was the third lowest on record and L3 > was the lowest ever! > > Just a theory. you are to the point! I guess CFAI also competes with some different professional programs. One who failed Level 1 twice and passed PRMIA would be motivated to proceed with the PRMIA and will put the CFA on hold. It’s streightforward. I think they will tighten the gates on Level 2 the next year in any case (I wrote about 32% PR above) and L3 PR depends on the job amrket situation. More demand for the charterholders outside -> higher L3 PR.

DSLHU, You gotta let this go and move on with your life. You’ve been registered on here since 10/30/06 and you’ve been posting on here like a mad man since your 3rd attempt this past june, mostly since you got the 3rd fail. maybe you should have participated more than 5 times in the more than 2 1/2 yrs on here while you were studying. Not to be cruel but the rants have got to end. Let it go!!!

jjenkins, you speaking in a high style so I had to use Google to understand you; I was lucky and the word I did not know was not mentioned as a ‘vulgar’ (I got some ‘vulgar’ worlds in the last comments to my topics amde by several other people, not by you). " A rant or harangue is a speech or text that does not present a well-researched and calm argument; rather, it is typically an attack on an idea, a person or an institution, and very often lacks proven claims. Such attacks are usually personal attacks. Compare with a dialectic. " (Google) I remember almost my every post during the last week and I do not find there any ‘rants’. That’s for your information. I am a forum reader since 2005 and was reading it for weeks. You are right, I am active only the last period after I am dropped out; but that is my own decision when to write and when not to write. I was going to quit but was hooked by reading the historical threads on the forum! What a source of information about human nature!! Let me read and search it; I am doing it in the office on my cellphone and I am doing it in the night on the PC. I am so loving searching the forum…! my opinion. once again, you have to options: an easy one - hide post from me and a hard one - purchase the forum and ban me.

youre annoying

storko Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > youre annoying +10 on this one … DSLHU did you seriously go back and read all of those threads? If so, that’s time better spent doing something more productive … Go to the gym. Read a new book. Talk a walk outside in this great weather the majority of us are enjoying …

DSLHU, what if you are wrong about your theory? This theory that you put up, while I do not disagree it is sound, is pretty difficult to verify. So logically speaking, you can do one of two things: walk away from the CFA program (which you said you would in one thread you posted earlier) or start crunching L2 again because you believe there is no verified theory on CFA L2 pass rates and everything that you (or anyone can put up) is nevertheless a speculation. Unless you are trying to find someone to disprove your theory for you (you are not, correct?).

DSLHU, let me refer you to your first thread about quitting the forum (August 17th): http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?12,1043495 So why then are you still here?

lol

storko Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > youre annoying open a new thread peteting me to quit. I’ll consider your arguments.

daviskr Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > storko Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > youre annoying > > > +10 on this one … DSLHU did you seriously go > back and read all of those threads? Yes, and I am also making some statistics on the Excel!

eltia Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > DSLHU, what if you are wrong about your theory? > > This theory that you put up, while I do not > disagree it is sound, is pretty difficult to > verify. Well, don’t call my suggestions ‘theory’. It’s not, and I am not going to verify it or looking for the opposite opinions. On this forum (Level 2 only!!) you can find literally more then three dosens of empty discussions like ‘predict the PR, predict MPS, predict your fail band’ and all this stuff has been reproduced every year like winter that comes every year! Do you think anyone put her argument for such discussions? No, that was ‘come on, that will be like the last year since that what I am feeling’. All I did I put some suggestion on my prediction for the next year PR. That is all. the thread is long since there are some funny guys who did not agree or disagree with my suggestions but disagree with my existance (here on the forum). As to my decision to quit - I decided to quit not because of my prediction of the next year PR, you know.