the exam might be harder this year?

… there are a lot more L3-retakers this year … and then there is us, first timers, i agree with previous posts that the pass rate will be higher this year, but the retakers must have worked really hard this year to get it out of the way… so not to get an overinflated pass rate … maybe we’ll get more obscure questions this year? trying not to panic people, but given the general preparedness of people on this forum…

Passrate calculation is a blackbox - may or may not have anything to do with how hard the question paper is. increasing the passrate to prove that (force) selling textbooks was right on their part is a more plausible conspiracy theory.

No point in worrying about things you can’t control. Play your hand as best you can and let the cards fall as they will.

we are brininging some heavy guns like mo and bigwilly. Retakers better take notice

CSK don’t count yourself out on this one, and how about Hala and some others… Sorry tired and can’t recall everyone right now…time to go watch the boob tube.

It would be good if all of the regulars on AF passed. That’s the goal, yes?

Good thing someone hasn’t paid Joey yet to write the exam for them. Can you imagine what would happen to that curve.

Hey Joey, use your old contacts and put a good word in for us :slight_smile:

I think it will be no walk in the park, but feel I’m very much on pace to pass, as long as I plug away hard next few weeks…

former trader Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Good thing someone hasn’t paid Joey yet to write > the exam for them. Can you imagine what would > happen to that curve. Those IPS’s are just as mysterious to me now as the day I signed up for the CFA program. “John is a 68-year old widower with a dog. Differentiate John’s ability to assume risk and his risk tolerance”. Huh?

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > former trader Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Good thing someone hasn’t paid Joey yet to > write > > the exam for them. Can you imagine what would > > happen to that curve. > > > Those IPS’s are just as mysterious to me now as > the day I signed up for the CFA program. “John is > a 68-year old widower with a dog. Differentiate > John’s ability to assume risk and his risk > tolerance”. Huh? Since he has a dog and not an alligator, I would choose his willingness as below average :slight_smile:

aligator? definetely above average

CSK…I dont know… It depends on teh age of the alligator. If the alligator is young then its not much of a threat and could be considered a cute little bugger, and willingness might be Average, but if its more mature and going to eat you then yes I would consider Above-Average, but remember the person could just drop it off at a sewer gate and get rid of it if his Ability changed…

holy crap, i just did the sample freebie online exam … i thought i was going to run out of time… but did have plenty of time left … but it left a very nasty taste in my mouth. holy crap.

lol, that’s the taste of fear.

i haven;'t taken these yet… what makes them so hard, in a general sense… large vignettes, too theoretical, too many calculations?

reminded me of the PM exams last years at L2 … when we were all let out and some people had this blank vacant look on their faces. now that test was ugly. 3rdlong - some silly mistakes for going too fast (that was my issue, but this was the first time I was actually timing any tests) and that there were some outlandish questions that were fair game. some very badly worded questions that I had no clue. hmm. may need to regroup before I sit the other tests.

Does John want to ensure that dog gets $1M after John’s eaten by an alligator he’s been seeing on the side?

Unique Circumstances: Because the alligator consumed a large precious green stone during John’s last adventure a large portion of John’s net worth resides in the belly of the alligator.

The Edge Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > … there are a lot more L3-retakers this year … > and then there is us, first timers, i agree with > previous posts that the pass rate will be higher > this year, but the retakers must have worked > really hard this year to get it out of the way… > so not to get an overinflated pass rate … maybe > we’ll get more obscure questions this year? > trying not to panic people, but given the general > preparedness of people on this forum… Was last year exam easy? I believe that last easy lvl3 exam which lvl3 candidates will never get somthing like it in future was 2006.