The final countdown... i feel sick

MotherOf3@28 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Good Luck tomorrow if u also awaitin’ > ur level 2 results. Thanks! Good luck to you too.

second the above. My roommate’s parents were both from SAfrica (Johannesburg) and she was truly excited about finally getting to go visit her family in 2005. (she grew up in Alaska) After having very much romanticized the trip, she came back very disappointed. Of course she thoroughly enjoyed the typical tourist stuff, but she was there the whole summer and was very effected by the security issues. Here family lived in a upper middle class area and the neighborhood had a system set up where they would go through phone trees to ensure everyone was OK. That seems a bit extreme- having to call your neighbors everyday to let them know you were alright… this was a couple years ago, but I think you should look into it anyway. Then again, I’ve lived in Medellin and Mexico City- neither renowned for safety, and never felt threatened on a daily basis. I did not have kids though.

sn8eye, thanks for the heads up! will research thoroughly before I make any moves. good luck tomorrow!

akanska, thnx. will be extremely careful!

MotherOf3@28, where is the offer exactly (if I may ask)? SA does have a lot of security issues and crime is a very great concern to many. It might not be all that you expect. To be quite honest I don’t know if I’d opt to go to SA for a job (various reasons).

As a Mauritian, i see a lot of south africans moving out of the country and coming to mine. All the top guys seem to want to domicile their funds in mauritius and work here rather than stay in SA.

thx 2 u ol - will take heed.

i moved to johannesburg from singapore a year ago. and believe me, the crime situation is quite bad here. but the worst part is, its only getting worse due to the ineffective and absolutely corrupt goverment. the fact that the govt is disbanding ‘Scorpions’ (quite similar to FBI) just shows where the priorities of the govt lie. If you have kids, dont even think of moving. The public schools are drug joints and the private school fees are through the roof. Only think about working in Jhb if you are single or married without kids and coming here for a year or two. I recently got married and there’s no way I’m going to raise kids in this country. So will be packing my bags along with millions of foreigners after 2010 world cup.

Bacaladitos Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I havent really thought much about the results > until this morning when I saw the link-thread. > Damnit!! Now I’m at work and can stop thinking > about it. > > Anyway, I am 90% certain that I’ll fail this one. > Now that I’m totally prepared to see the “Failed” > and I have already told my boss and family about > it, I’m probably less nervous than many of you > guys This is really nice!! I thought I would fail, but I passed!