The fourth time is the charm

congrats to you multi-takers. remember what thomas edison said, “genius is 1% inspiration, 99% perspiration.”

GPM Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If the CFAI is really about learning “a body of > knowledge” they should change the format of the > exam. Say five sections (ethics/econ, equity > investments/corp fin, financial analysis, fixed > income/derivatives, portfolio mgmt/quant) that are > given like the CPA exam. They shoud test like in real life situations: You have all the resources, formulas, books, etc., …they throw a few problems at you and you go find the answer in a reasonable amount of time.

cruzjuan and GPM Hats off to both of you. Congrats.

hats off to persevering troopers!

2008: Fail - Band 6 2009: Fail - Band 7 2010: Fail - Band 10 2011: PASS Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 - - * - Corporate Finance 36 * - - - Derivatives 36 - * - - Economics 18 * - - - Equity Investments 72 - - * - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - - * - Financial Reporting & Analysis 72 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 36 - * - - Portfolio Management 18 * - - - Quantitative Methods 18 - - * Strategy was to destroy Equity, Ethics, and FSA after getting a Band 10 and <50% on FSA and 50-70% on Equity. If was at a band 10 then, I knew all I had to do was destroy Equity & FSA.

first time the charm better imo

Terrific, congrats to you, I’m delighted for your progress.

Knowing that I belong to a select group of highly educated, intelligent people who have spent countless hours to pursue this charter makes me quite proud. I have the utmost respect for those who have attempted this exam multiple times.

A lot of people take 7 years to graduate… Yeah, they’re called doctors. ~ Tommyboy

That is hilarious (the 7 year doctor analogy). Congrats guys. Do your best to save time at L3.

cruzjuan, I salute for your perseverance and determination… See you in level 3 forum soon…