The fourth time is the charm

2008: Fail - Band 10 2009: Fail - Band 8 2010: Fail - Band 9 2011: PASS Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 - - * - Corporate Finance 36 - - * - Derivatives 36 - - * - Economics 18 - * - - Equity Investments 72 - * - - Ethical & Professional St. 36 - - * - Financial Reporting & Analysis 72 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 36 - - * - Portfolio Management 18 - * - - Quantitative Methods 18 - * - YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS WOHOOOOOO “#!"##”%#&%#&%/&%#% IT IS POSSIBLE JUST KEEP YOUR CONFIDENCE UP!!!

Congrats dood! Best of luck on L3. m

Is it ok to ask how old you are? Talking about persistency!

Great!

Congrats…I remember what you said before. http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?12,1274379,page=1

Thanks all for the congrats. You can’t imagine my satisfaction after years of failures. All the hard work finally pays off… Band 8-9-10 candidates follow this advice: keep trying, keep the hard work, the difference between failure and success is that success tried one more time. Walex I’m 29, 30 in March 2012.

This made my day, thank you. (3rd attempt next year)

Well done!!!

Wow, thanks for sharing this! Helps lessen the misery of my band 8.

cruzjuan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Thanks all for the congrats. You can’t imagine my > satisfaction after years of failures. All the hard > work finally pays off… Band 8-9-10 candidates > follow this advice: keep trying, keep the hard > work, the difference between failure and success > is that success tried one more time. > > Walex I’m 29, 30 in March 2012. On a somewhat related note, I failed L1 twice, passed on the 3rd attempt and passed L2 on my 1st attempt. Although it’s not quite the same, I can imagine the relief you must feel. Way to stay persistent and get that monkey off your back! m

Garnopolis, Ruby, you can do it. I know the idea of going through everything again is daunting, but the sooner you let the failure behind and start studying, the greater your chances next year. I’ll check this forum on August 2012 to congratulate you.

Thanks m. I would say an 800 pound gorila thou XD

Congrats! Such perseverance!

wow 4years, I applaud you for all that sacrifice!

same here buddy… 4th time is the charm…no doubt about that… 2008: Exam cancelled for Writing after Time 2009: Failed Band 9 2010: Failed Band 8 2011: Pass :slight_smile:

Well done sop! There are no magic formulas… sacrifice, that’s the key. We’ve earned our right to sit for level 3… now enjoy!

Congrats, enjoy it and keep-up the momentum! Fifth time sitting, six years. I put in so much work into the 2008 exam failing in band 9 soured my attitude. Just went through the motion in 2009 & 2010. Finally got serious again in 2011. 2006: Failed (pre-fail band) 2007: Registered, but did not take 2008: Band 9 2009: Band 6 2010: Band 6 2011: Pass

wow GPM, my hat goes off to you. seriously congrats! It must have been the best feeling in the world to find out that you have passed. congrats!! you’re a beast.

It’s a funny exam, coming close and missing doesn’t mean you just brush-up on your weak points. You forget the nuances within a month. If they put the exam in front of us today, cold, I bet the pass rate would be less by half. In some topics you literally have to start all over again after failing. That is very discouraging. If the CFAI is really about learning “a body of knowledge” they should change the format of the exam. Say five sections (ethics/econ, equity investments/corp fin, financial analysis, fixed income/derivatives, portfolio mgmt/quant) that are given like the CPA exam. Each section could then be 120 questions and then it would REALLY test your knowledge of the topic. You obviously couldn’t take all at once, but I’m sure they could develop a system with one of the testing centers. They are not the only professional organization issuing certifications. Perhaps it has to do with the economics. Perhaps this system worked from 1963-1996 given less than 25k per year took the exam. Now that more people are enrolling it is showing its flaws. They need to reevaluate the process.

Wow…i mean kudos, I would’ve just given up altogether after the second fail…Congrats tho, catch u all in lvl 3 forum…