The GOAT thread

^If he had played another 10 years he could have been considered up there with Tony G.

(Just poking fun. I really like Witten. Still no Gonzo tho.)

Jason Witten is a terrible game analyst. Not the GOAT, for sure.

And Greenie, I won’t be taking that back. Truth is a defense.

Eli Manning 2 vs Tom Brady 0 in superbowl head to head. Superbowls are what count right?

Almost right, but it’s the opposite, QBs don’t get enough credit. The analytics bears it out, but you can also just trust your eyes. No team wins consistently without a good QB. Yet good teams lose all the time with a bad QB. Look at the Jags this weekend, or sadly, the Giants the last two seasons. On a related note, the offense coordinator is a really key role, more important than people think and you rarely even hear about these guys.

You’re not hearing any argument from me. I’m not fond of his color announcing prowess.

But he’s still a rookie. I didn’t like Collinsworth at first, either.

https://www.12up.com/posts/6050301-jason-witten-literally-got-new-hair-for-monday-night-football-gig

What the hell man

^biotin

Witten is riding Romo’s announcing coattails. Romo is awesome. Witten is not.

In other news, here’s a picture of the GOAT:

Image result for patrick mahomes savior

^Is that Showtime Cajones?

In case you guys missed it…

The GOAT is back.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2019/02/28/jason-witten-leaves-monday-night-football-signs-contract-return-dallas-cowboys?tab=conversation

Beat me to it by a few minutes…

From the ESPN article:

“The fire inside of me to compete and play this game is just burning too strong,” Witten said in a statement. “This team has a great group of rising young stars, and I want to help them make a run at a championship. This was completely my decision, and I am very comfortable with it. I’m looking forward to getting back in the dirt.”

I believe what he meant to say is “i was horrible in the booth, so I’m going to try and see if I can salvage another year of playing mediocre football”

makes sense since gronk is retiring