The Gorilla

Dick Fuld at LEH is known by many as The Gorilla. I think after all is said and done, he will be known as The Monkey.

pimp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Dick Fuld at LEH is known by many as The Gorilla. > I think after all is said and done, he will be > known as The Monkey. drunk yet?

ha ha. or maybe they will call him horsey for having the blinders on so fu**** tight

daj224 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ha ha. or maybe they will call him horsey for > having the blinders on so fu**** tight haha +1

You know, people often cite the fact that Fuld is the longest serving CEO on wallstreet at age 62. This instance goes to show why CEO’s should have shorter stays in office. I don’t intend to offend anyone in any way, but often when CEO’s have been in office beyond a certain period of time they lose touch with the markets as time passes since they have had hands on experience. Additionally, as they get comfortable in office, they tend to soften up and lose some of their ability to make and execute tough calls for drastic change. I believe that a younger Fuld would have saved this firm, but he simply overstayed and failed to adequately react. I could forgive him if he had taken action and made an erroneous choice, because that happens, nobody ever knows the future or the markets for certain, but the bottom line is Fuld simply froze up.

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- the bottom line is Fuld > simply froze up. no sh**. cramer was right since early spring, fuld did nothing. i dont blame him, he has never worked anywhere else. he shoulve have pulled an MJ or seinfeld and gotten out at the top. 30+ years to build a rep, 30 seconds to lose one. full clip