The Law of Diminishing Returns

Do you think that after a certain point in time, the more time you put into preparing for the CFA exam, the lower your net return will be.

Yes.

Is this a question?

If I understand what you are saying, that is a negative return, not a diminishing return.

looks as if you didnt spend enough time on the Economics portion

If, under normal circumstances, you opt to spend a total of 400 hours studying instead of 300, I can’t see additional hours of studying lowering your score. Most likely however, you will get more out of your first hour of studying than say your 350th hour, so yes there is a diminishing return. But… on the night before the exam if instead of sleeping for 8 hours, you sleep for 3 and study an additional 5, those 5 hours will most likely lead to a lower exam score.

Yeah, it’s pretty stupid to study the night before any big exam. Bankin’ Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If, under normal circumstances, you opt to spend a > total of 400 hours studying instead of 300, I > can’t see additional hours of studying lowering > your score. Most likely however, you will get > more out of your first hour of studying than say > your 350th hour, so yes there is a diminishing > return. > > But… on the night before the exam if instead of > sleeping for 8 hours, you sleep for 3 and study an > additional 5, those 5 hours will most likely lead > to a lower exam score.

I agree. I took the whole day off. It was much needed. artvandalay Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yeah, it’s pretty stupid to study the night before > any big exam. > > > > Bankin’ Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > If, under normal circumstances, you opt to spend > a > > total of 400 hours studying instead of 300, I > > can’t see additional hours of studying lowering > > your score. Most likely however, you will get > > more out of your first hour of studying than > say > > your 350th hour, so yes there is a diminishing > > return. > > > > But… on the night before the exam if instead > of > > sleeping for 8 hours, you sleep for 3 and study > an > > additional 5, those 5 hours will most likely > lead > > to a lower exam score.

An off-day prior to the exam is key. . . you have to decompress and let your brain process all of that information. It will really reduce your stress level too.

I studied until about 4 am the night before. I feel like it helped. I know that is contrary to the research, but whatever gets you over that wall.