The majestic anglerfish

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglerfish

“[Reproduction:] When (the male) finds a female, he bites into her skin, and releases an enzyme that digests the skin of his mouth and her body, fusing the pair down to the blood-vessel level.[4] The male then slowly atrophies, first losing his digestive organs, then his brain, heart, and eyes, and ends as nothing more than a pair of gonads,[5] which release sperm in response to hormones in the female’s bloodstream”

The more you know…

so kinky

So that’s where marriage came from?

Although a more accurate depiction would be the gonads going first.

I wonder what piqued your interest in the angler fish, but here’s a somewhat more graphic description of the concept.

“You know what… I think I’m going to pass on the sex, if you don’t mind.” – Steve Carell in the 40-year-old virgin after that drunk emo girl pukes all over him in the car…also probably what I would say if I were a majestic anglerfish. That process doesn’t sound very majestic at all.

In the animal kingdom…is it always the Male that gets screwerd? Doesn’t the black widow spider eat the male after a passionate moment?

Let’s not forget the praying mantis too.

Outside of humans, quite frequently the male is far more beautiful than the female. birds, frogs… The idea is that the female will mate with the more beautiful male.

I guess the deal is that the male of mass egg-laying species only contribute genetic coding to the reproductive process. All physical mass of the offspring comes from the female. Because of this, the male can be very small and weak - he is basically a vector for sperm. Once he has fulfilled this purpose, he can go die or whatever. The female needs to be larger as she is a big egg factory.

haha the selfish gene at its best

Oh, you big egg factory, you.

Who impregnated the octomom?

lol wow

Wow. That’s a pretty awesome description of the process.

Don’t forget about penguins though. Poor bastards get stuck watching over a damn egg all winter while the ladies go out partying.