The Masters

The recent history of the Masters would suggest that it is unlikely a European will win.

Dustin Johnson may never win a major, but hes been crushing it in the WAGS dept.

Julia Mancuso.

Julia Mancuso > Lindsey Vaughn. This is as indisputable as CFA > CFP.

Did you stay at a hotel in Augusta, or drove from Atlanta? The Masters is definitely in my bucket list. A couple of months ago I was looking for Fri-to-Sun tickets, but the thing is I’m not sure if most people sleep at a hotel near Augusta National or most drive from Atlanta. I’d think Augusta hotels oversell a lot that week and that could be a problem, but on the other hand it’s not a short drive from ATL. Hopefully I’m going next year, but need to figure out what’s the best option on that front.

^ When I was fortunate enough to get tickets, we stayed in ATL and drove out and back in the same day. Left at like 5am, it’s roughly a 2 hr drive. Great experience, highly recomended if you get the chance. If attending multiple days though, staying in ATL would be tough. On the other hand, there isn’t a whole lot going on in/near Augusta, I’d imagine there aren’t a lot of hotels.

I live in Charleston, SC so we drove down for the day. (2.5 hrs) But its about the same distance from ATL. Your best bet if you cant get a hotel near Augusta would be Columbia, SC. Columbia is about an hour away. The only hotels in Augusta are like best western and super 8.

I went last year to the practice rounds. The golf course is out of this world - not a blade of grass out of place. I drove from Charleston, SC. Free parking, $2 sandwiches, $2 beers…the place is amazing.

I hope Tiger Woods wins a 5th green jacket Love him or hate him, he is greatest golfer I have ever seen.

A friend’s sister used to live in Augusta and she always rented out her condo during Masters week. I believe she was less than 5 miles from the course and got about $2,500 for the week.

Despite tickets being very expensive, everything inside is very reasonable, even the merchandise. If you buy any merchandise you can have it packed and shipped right there. Everything is very accessable. The undulation is surprising.

Watching the pros tip toe around the members near the club house is an interesting sight.

Thanks, guys. Yeah, it seems Columbia is a great option. 1-hr drive is totally manageable and there shouldn’t be overbooking problems judging by their rates for this year.

Yeah, I saw a couple of those rentals in excess of $2K for the weekend too, so watching on TV looked better and better. Columbia could certainly work for me next year.

Not sure how old you are, but Columbia is home to Univ of South Carolina. The nightlife and girls are excellent if you are close to that demographic.

^ Not close anymore (pushing 35 … gosh I’m F old), but I could definitely do an effort to fit in.

I don’t know who Lindsey Vaughn is, bit Lindsey Vonn is hotter than 98% of the population.