The MMA thread

who says they don’t have to work out as hard as gsp? ur saying gsp doesn’t have exceptional natural talent when he was one of the best wrestlers in the game w/o ever wrestling as a kid or in college?

i don’t know what a killer gene is but brendao definitely did not have the will or skill of poirier for that fight. he didn’t even make weight. not sure how this is even related.

^^

Not sure how this is even related ? You are the one that mentioned the killer eyes of Connor. My response was that the whole “killer” thing is bullshit and overplayed, giving Brandao as an example.

On GSP : I think he is extremely disciplined with superior genetics but he isn’t naturally talented for fighting as is Anderson Silva, BJ Penn, JJ, Pettis and Aldo. I am also 100% sure that all of them train less hard than GSP, who is a training freak. It is common knowledge and is well documented.

i don’t see how brendao and conor are similar. one has the will/discipline/confidence of a champion and ever increasing skill to go with it. brendao does not.

yup that is why gsp beat bj penn. not even sure why were talking about who trains harder.

GSP was a bouncer at a club I used to go to often. I still can’t believe he made it so far in life.

I’m looking to compete next spring at 185lbs - amateur.

^Tough division, thats where i compete too. Where do you train? What are you cutting from?

I have nothing to add to this thread, but it’s not about banning, apologies, 50 year old guy’s abs, or any other such nonsense, so I’m bumping it.

Cool !

What are your base combat sports ?

Are people in amateur fights also cutting ? Damn.

^I did, i did even for naga tournys.

Makes me think twice about competing even in grappling…

Don’t want to end up with a dude walking at 10KG / 20 pounds+ more than me…

Jiu Jitsu + Muay Thai

And how do you deal with bruises & black eyes ?

I’m not currently client facing. I don’t care about bruises and black eyes. I’m more worried about a broken nose or teeth because I’m a bit vain. :slight_smile:

Viceroy - use your speed. When i cut i feel half my energy is gone so someone at natural weight probably can break the will of their opponent (that is unless you are competing against me)

ACE - you wear 16oz and headgear when sparring right? Unless you get caught really bad, you shouldnt be in that bad of shape after.

Great performance from both Aldo and Mendes on Saturday.

I loved Phil Davis’ performance. What an awesome wrestling clinic.

I don’t understand why Maldonado is so popular. Is that guy even top 20 ? I see an atrocious fighter, honestly. Zero ground game (see round one of saturday’s fight), no kicks, terribly slow and flat-footed. Even his ground and pound sucks ass. WTF is this can ? Just because he’s tough ?

Pettis was just awesome on saturday.

I think that he is currently the best fighter in the UFC.

I didn’t see Pettis on Saturday but will never forget that off the cage kick - pretty sweet.

Well he’s been consistently impressive since then. Too bad he tends to be very injury-prone.