the most overvalued mainstream investment in today's world

Chipotle is my big short as well as Pandora. Chipotle burritos are awful and Pandora can’t pick a song.

Ehh, didn’t short it. I’m setting up all the fund infrastructure now and not investing for a couple of more months. I probably would have had a 50-100 bips position in June at the price it was trading at. I still think it’s probably a zero but wouldn’t chase it with the price way down. No worries though, there are endless attractive shorts in today’s market. I am very fast and could look at shorts 80-90 hours a week and I wouldn’t even dent the number of good shorts in the market right now.

You’ve got some big balls for shorting CMG near all-time highs. Pandora is giant turd but I bet the rebate is nuts

I really think SCTY is one of the biggest turds in the market but it just keeps attracting more and more financing. Can’t wait for reality to stack up against that pile of shit.

i was looking at the wrong date - so, not a short. I am short GPRO & TWTR. hope some of you made a buck on WTW.

i am long LC, i as i truly believe the concept. It is possible th company is overpriced, but i can see them growing into a monster long term. This is speculative play, but i do want to be part of new lending market

not a good idea to short chipotle. that company is a beast. literally grew earnings by double digits for the past decade. prolly wont be growing as fast. that being said it is trading at a ridiculous multiple. i’d say its prolly worth half what its worth right now though.

Anyone short lumber liquidators? Man there is blood in the streets with this one right now

found this interesting

https://twitter.com/CardiffGarcia/status/572456926711169024/photo/1

The valuation is rich, but I agree about the monster. As a long time retail investor, management really is top notch in handling the growth and new products. I hope they continue that way and I think the company will continue. I’m not long because I’ve been accumulating cash lately. But some of that cash may go long LendingClub whenever I don’t need such a large cash buffer anymore.

Also, turns out the answer to the thread may actually be Lumber Liquidator ha ha

I saw some presentations in lending start-up space, and numbers are just outrageous

Yep. You really have to be careful about the management team and the type of lending, which I think is one of LendingClub’s (and a couple others who aren’t public yet) real advantage. Then some in the space, I think they’ll be epic crash and burns. Growing loans quickly is easy. Growing quality loans quickly is much harder.

looking like you called the top. perhaps some downside now…?

^Quiet possibly especially now that they announced a delivery service. HAHA

US government bonds.

-20% AH

about time.

you were dead on in Feb. It took quite a dive.

WTW. bought some in May 2016. Put a tight stop on it. Got stopped out in June 2016. Kind of upset with that decision now. I thought Oprah could bring home the bacon. But she didn’t because she works for WTW now, which is good for WTW stock, so she did. Damn.