the nightmares have begun

So I had the worst dream last night - horrifying. The worst part was it was one of those super vivid ones which completely feels like reality. It was exam day. I went and sat for the morning session and was feeling pretty good about it. During the lunch break, I decided to go home and take a quick nap (wait, what?). About halfway through my nap I remember this guy from my work shaking me to try to wake me up, saying “dude, you’ve still got to take the afternoon section… get up!” I wouldn’t, and went back to sleep. Then it cut to around six PM and they’re posting exam results (this is where I should’ve realized it wasn’t real). I had done well on the morning section, but then it said afternoon - did not complete - FAIL! Damn. I was devastated. For some reason I kept thinking I wouldn’t be able to finish the CFA, ever. All this work for nothing. I was sure that I wouldn’t ever find a job when I go back to b-school (in the fall). The moral of the story - don’t take a nap during the lunch break.

That is why I don’t go home during break. I am having hard time falling asleep every night. I am also seeing formulas (Options, Crack spread, GIPS but not sure whether they were correct) in my dreams. Stress is taking toll…

I always go to the bar at my lunch break…a couple beers every year (and I’m 2 for 2 with that strategy). Hoping for 3 for 3 so I can be done with this mess. All right, enough dicking around, time to get back to studying.

i cannot remember, but can you leave the test center at half time? of all the levels it seems like 3 is the one where actually refreshing your mind by looking over stuff for 30 minutes would help the most… in 1 and 2 you would have the same subjects in morning and afternoon, but with level 3 it seems if you dont see GIPS in the morning it cant hurt to skim it over for 15 minutes at half time… i may go sit in my car for an hour if i can

boston21 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i cannot remember, but can you leave the test > center at half time? of all the levels it seems > like 3 is the one where actually refreshing your > mind by looking over stuff for 30 minutes would > help the most… in 1 and 2 you would have the > same subjects in morning and afternoon, but with > level 3 it seems if you dont see GIPS in the > morning it cant hurt to skim it over for 15 > minutes at half time… i may go sit in my car > for an hour if i can I’ve ALWAYS looked over stuff at lunchtime - never bought into the “don’t do it” argument. Plan on doing it this year as well - once you see what wasn’t on the morning, the likelihood of it appearing on the afternoon has increased exponentially. Can’t recall what the specific vignette was, but I remember my lunchtime review totally saved me on one of my weaker areas that showed up in the afternoon section.

Glad I’m not the only one that goes through this. The nightmares increase in frequency the closer we get to 6/5. At boston 21: I agree, and I thought the same thing last year (i’m a repeater) and surprisingly I sat in my car, ate my sandwich with the a/c cranked up, and didn’t even bother to open up my notes. Funny thing is, I still think I will this year. Seems to make sense because, like you said, you KNOW that GIPS will show up at some point.

I’ve been reviewing my notes for each level. For level 2, it actually did help you out because you knew it would be different item sets (i.e - if corporate finance wasn’t on AM, it will be on PM, etc.) There were a number of topics I knew right off the bat that I could review, which was quite helpful (private equity being one of them). Same goes for this year.

cfaboston28 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > That is why I don’t go home during break. > > I am having hard time falling asleep every night. > I am also seeing formulas (Options, Crack spread, > GIPS but not sure whether they were correct) in my > dreams. > > Stress is taking toll… I see formulas and definitions in my dream as well… Its stuff I dont know well either. When i wake up sometimes, i have to check and see if its right. Life is sad.

I’ve had dreams every year except for this year… indicative of how much less I’ve put into it this year. I’m still worried though

CFADreams said: “Life is sad.” CFADreams is correct. Yet there is that light at the end of the tunnel…and that light includes a bunch of good wine and food and scotch the evening of. Can’t wait…OK, now back to studying.

My wife said I was talking about ETFs last night in my sleep. LOL She didn’t know what they were (asked “is that an investment product or something”) … If I’m talking about ETFs and not contingent immunization of mortgages, I’m screwed…

CPierce Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My wife said I was talking about ETFs last night > in my sleep. LOL > > She didn’t know what they were (asked “is that an > investment product or something”) … > > If I’m talking about ETFs and not contingent > immunization of mortgages, I’m screwed… LOL!!

Glad you were not mumbling about how you oil the crack spreads… Then probably you would have to reread the maritial community forced hiership rules for your jurisdiction…

Your wife should be thankful that you’re crying about ETFs in your sleep as opposed to STDs.

Apparently, I spoke vividly enough that she was wondering if she should wake me up or if she should wait until the morning. She waited. I wish I made this stuff up.

Skillionaire - I too am a fan of a relaxing beer during lunch. Sort of a pregame to the debauchery that ensues after the test.

i just had the first of my nightmares last night.

what?! you guys are able to sleep?

Probably I am the only one sleeping like a baby? (as I know the end result… F***)

bigbadaboom Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Skillionaire - I too am a fan of a relaxing beer > during lunch. Sort of a pregame to the debauchery > that ensues after the test. I’ll tell you what - there’s a lot less indecision on my afternoon answers when I’ve got a few beers in me. Stayed for the full three hours for the morning, but was done at like 3:15 or 3:30 in the afternoon - less checking and less indecision.