* The Official 2007 Bonus Discussion *

Dapper - what’s your base and where are you located?

cfaboston28 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > will be between 8-12 K…I am a Business Analyst About same. 8k last year. Client support role.

All in I nabbed roughly 10% of my YTD income in bonus and a 9% raise.

Well, here it is: total '07 bonuses were 21% of '07 base; 17% raise for '08.

X, I have no clue what history would be like in your arena of the industry, is that good?

The jury is still out on this one. I have to sleep on it, reflect on it, figure out what I want to do. There were many points of contention on this one, actually, between the bosses and me. I think the base increase was fine. The year end bonus… hmm. In light of the year we had, I think I should have seen more. Last years base increase was 20%, which was in-line with the year before that.

X, Base is 50K, non-exempt so I get paid OT as well. The OT is awesome but this March they are going to move me up to Senior Analyst which elminates the OT but raises the base (not sure how much though, roughly 10% I am guessing). I work in Hartford, CT. I dislike the nature of the work so I’d like to make the transition to a front office role eventually which would most likely require me to move towards the Greenwich/Stanford part of the state. There’s just not enough income potential in the BO unless you move way up the ladder.

Thanks for the reply Dapper.

It seems like most of you are being paid bonuses in the winter… I get paid in May. Is this very uncommon?

Danteshek Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > It seems like most of you are being paid bonuses > in the winter… > > I get paid in May. Is this very uncommon? Most definitely get their cash Dec-Feb. I’m just shocked at how little people seem to earn on this forum. I suddenly feel rather happy about my own situation.

just wondering how much is enough? Realistically, how much would you settle for as a total comp number based on what you do and what options you have available?

Etienne Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m just > shocked at how little people seem to earn on this > forum. I suddenly feel rather happy about my own > situation. That’s because the people who make the really big bucks don’t have time for posting on forums :wink:

Etienne Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Most definitely get their cash Dec-Feb. I’m just > shocked at how little people seem to earn on this > forum. I suddenly feel rather happy about my own > situation. notice that most of the people in this forum are trying to get into front-office finance roles but aren’t there already…if you yourself are, then another means of comparison would be more appropriate

just to add data points to the discussion: -Position: Junior equity analyst, 1st year, buyside, small/mid firm in terms of AUM. -15~25% of base for bonus -30~40% increase in base salary I have no projections or knowledge of “norm” bonus/comp, but generally happy with the result of my first annual review.

Thats quite an increase in base, kevin. I am on a similar boat as you, only in fixed income. While the bonus was negotiated at interview time (started a few months ago), i am still waiting for the raise number. I doubt i will get the same though. Seems a bit high.

Don’t be fooled by the %. I was quite underpaid when I started, and probably is still underpaid for my paper qualifications.

shark777 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Thats quite an increase in base, kevin. I am on a > similar boat as you, only in fixed income. While > the bonus was negotiated at interview time > (started a few months ago), i am still waiting for > the raise number. I doubt i will get the same > though. Seems a bit high. I am in FI too. Out of curiosity… What was your bonus percentage wise? Also if you started only few months ago (me too), why you are anticipating salary increase? As per job offer?

My situation is a little different than others might have and you are right, it is per the job offer. Bonus will be around 15%.

shark777 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My situation is a little different than others > might have and you are right, it is per the job > offer. Bonus will be around 15%. Thanks… Mine (as per offer) is supposed to be around 10%… We’ll see…

Dapper: I used to live in Hartford (west end, bbut it’s gone WAY downhill since I lived there). Where’ll you be?