The Official RIP Thread. RIP to....

So what if multiverse is eventually proven and in the cascading discoveries in science’s greatest moment we find that major tenants of religion were largely correct all along, our understanding of life and death are rewritten, a sentient being’s sense of humor is revealed, etc etc

Neal Stephenson’s Anathem got me woke on the multiverse

Read Brian Greene

Brian Greene is a great resource, he’s a lot like Hawking in that he takes concepts and simplifies them down for the average person that would otherwise struggle with basic cosmological concepts.

[video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVx9EFK3DWE]

So you are saying there is an alternate universe where Amy Schumer is funny? Suddenly I do believe in hell…

[video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eDxjxVl8S0]

Screech! Passed away today at 44 years old.
Now we’ll never have the SBTB reunion!!!

(edit - corrected the age. Thanks, DOW.)

He was 44.

…Rush Limbaugh. Passed away today at age 70.

Who’s going to be the voice of reason now? Michael Savage? Lynn Woolley?

I thought that this thread was reserved for people that added some value during their lives, and were not a net detractor to society.

You’re welcome to your own opinion, but not your own facts. Fact: he won the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

So now he ranks right up there with Warren Buffett, Stephen Hawking, Babe Ruth, Elvis Presley, Bill & Melinda Gates, Ellen DeGeneres, Steven Spielberg, and…Bill Cosby.

I’m pretty sure that you don’t win the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

I’m pretty sure that you’re awarded it.

And given who awarded it to him (as his sole discretion), one can question whether it was based on any sort of objective merit.

If we’re sticking to facts, of course.

You’re right. “Awarded” is a better term.

True, but you could say the same about any of them, including Obama’s last recipient, Joe Biden.

No argument.

But as it’s clearly subjective, I, for one, don’t see any fact that DoW made up.

1 Like