The other end of the interview

quickly as it seems, i am going to interview candidiate since i joined my ibank few months ago… digging the internet for interview questions, i will surely give the guy a hard time this afternoon. btw, if you are in HK and looking for a quant analyst type of job, you can email me, we are hiring right now. we specialize in equity derivative pricings and risk.

where to email??

iluv_banana@mymail.m337.net

are you kidding me? iluv banana??

i got the resumes… this is a analyst position which is tied to the IT team on the quant model… so actually need some java and sql skills… advanced excel spreadsheets skills… so

>are you kidding me? iluv banana?? Hardest I’ve laughed all day. At least it’s not iluv_sausage.

>i will surely give the guy a hard time this afternoon Interviewers like this really annoy me. Invariably they are the young know-it-alls who really don’t know anything but try to prove how bad@ss they are to prospective employees. When I interviewed at GS equity research near the beginning of my career I had 7 pleasant interviews with senior people, and then 1 contentious one with an analyst one year out of college who asked me all kinds of irrelevant questions that he probably looked up in a quantitative finance textbook five minutes beforehand.

farley013 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > >i will surely give the guy a hard time this > afternoon > > Interviewers like this really annoy me. Invariably > they are the young know-it-alls who really don’t > know anything but try to prove how bad@ss they are > to prospective employees. When I interviewed at GS > equity research near the beginning of my career I > had 7 pleasant interviews with senior people, and > then 1 contentious one with an analyst one year > out of college who asked me all kinds of > irrelevant questions that he probably looked up in > a quantitative finance textbook five minutes > beforehand. Did you get the job?

Made it to the second round and then accepted an offer from a hedge fund.