The salary difference between Analyst and Associate

I am trying to get some feeling about the gap between associate and analyst in big IM firm. based on online info, looks like for big IM firms, associate only gets about 60-70k, while analyst gets at least 120k-130k, or even higher, I guess for those who try to break into the IM while already has about 90k-100k comp and have to start with associate , it is kind of not quite comfortable after all. How many years /how difficult for someone to move up to analyst in IM firm?

depends on what you are looking at. in IB and PE, an associate is above an analyst. in ER, an analyst is above an associate/junior analyst. don’t think it matters for S&T.

Irishgyy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am trying to get some feeling about the gap > between associate and analyst in big IM firm. associate - - still learning, but making some things happen analyst - - pulling in results i would think that once you start to pull in results, clients, revenues, and profits to the firm that they would bump you higher

Irishgyy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am trying to get some feeling about the gap > between associate and analyst in big IM firm. > based on online info, looks like for big IM firms, > associate only gets about 60-70k, while analyst > gets at least 120k-130k, or even higher, I guess > for those who try to break into the IM while > already has about 90k-100k comp and have to start > with associate , it is kind of not quite > comfortable after all. > How many years /how difficult for someone to move > up to analyst in IM firm? Are these in GBP/USD? Thanks

Just heard from HR that the interview actually turns out to be for analyst role, guess that is nearly impossible, if associate I thought I probably could have a shot although the pay is much lower as I mentioned.