The SEC Changed Its Rules. Not Only the Rich Can Invest in Private Markets

finally. this is prettty big news. i remember there was a crowdfunding real estate site where they had better deals that only wanted accredited investors.

Currently, to qualify as accredited investors, individuals need to have a net worth of at least $1 million excluding the value of their primary residence, or an annual income of at least $200,000 for the last two years. (The minimum income is a combined $300,000 for married couples). An entity such as a trust needs to have assets exceeding $5 million.

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

haha well done. but they always tell you to exclude primary residence. i think fafsa did hte same thing and when cacluating investable assets in l3. but the fact of the matter is. a house much like a car is an asset subtract the debt, and you have the equity!. i hate how people come up with some 4d chess like rich dad poor dad that tries to be all gimmicky and change an accounting definition with some bs excuse. that house is an expenbse much like a car. blah blah. i saw a recent interview of that dude nad he looks ridiculously crazy.

is anyone gonna contact them?

It’s a shame that all my licenses are inactive. That’s such a dumb requirement isn’t passing the test enough

Jeez I sometimes forget I am still active on those licenses then they tell me I gotta take an online test. I’m glad it’s all finally online though. Didn’t understand why they used to force you to go to some testing site. It wasn’t even a serious test, it felt pretty open book